My CBX is gone

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
A guy who heard of my alternator problem (fixed now) was interested in buying it. He used to have one and wanted another. I wasn’t very interested but he drove 175 miles one way to look at it with cash in hand. He made me an offer I couldn’t turn down so after 16 years and over 42,000 miles thru seven states I let her go. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be especially when counting the Benjamins! I’ll miss it for sure but I won’t have to worry about rebuilding the motor some day. Hopefully the new owner will enjoy it as I have all these years. I have no doubt it will serve him well. My 82 CBX has 106,000 on it when I sold it so the motors are pretty stout. Sigh....:confused:
460A862D-1025-474B-A7AC-7342A9528FE1.jpeg

A guy who heard of my alternator problem (fixed now) was interested in buying it. He used to have one and wanted another. I wasn’t very interested but he drove 175 miles one way to look at it with cash in hand. He made me an offer I couldn’t turn down so after 16 years and over 42,000 miles thru seven states I let her go. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be especially when counting the Benjamins! I’ll miss it for sure but I won’t have to worry about rebuilding the motor some day. Hopefully the new owner will enjoy it as I have all these years. I have no doubt it will serve him well. My 82 CBX has 106,000 on it when I sold it so the motors are pretty stout. Sigh....:confused:View attachment 1582646

You need a screen name change now....

No way, didn't see that coming.

Man I didn’t either but when offered an amount of money that sorta stunned me I just had to take it (more) than high BB for my Busa! I just dont have the inclination to rebuild wheel cylinders, calipers, carbs, etc etc not to mention all the old and brittle electrical connections in addition to the inevitable thousands for an engine rebuild someday on a 39 year old bike that’s hasn’t been produced since 1982. Yeah I’ll miss it. I’ve never had to look for it in a parking lot full of bikes. I can count on one hand the total CBXs I’ve seen ‘in the wild’ and I’m not a collector.

Sheeite!! When I saw the headline "My CBX Has Gone", I immediately thought some theiving scumbag had taken it!
Phewww, what a relief when I read that you'd sold the ol' girl lol.
So what am I going to ride when I come visit y'all??? :rolleyes:

"A guy who heard of my alternator problem (fixed now) was interested in buying it. He used to have one and wanted another . . . . . "
Aaaaahhh, nostalgia has a lot to answer for!

Last edited:
I seen you mentioned you were worried about the potential expense of rebuilding the Honda's motor and general up keep , in another recent post elsewhere . Sort of put it out there , think I replied even , so wasn't a real shock that you sold , but more it worked out better $ than expected . Always good if your good memories end on that outcome .
Looking forward to your many miles of Busa rides threads WussaCBXRider .

Big surprise indeed!! It sounds like you are happy with your choice, and made out great!! Very nice bike for sure!!

Back