I’m getting tempted again

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
IMG_3825.png

IMG_3828.jpeg
He’s asking $9,800 and the mileage is under 18,000. Next year it will be 43 years old. New tires , rebuilt carbs etc, and from the pics I’ve seen so far, might be worth asking what he’ll take. Identical to my 82 that I sold with 106,000 miles except for color, which was a very very good touring rig. Of course, any breakdowns on the road could be disastrous money and time wise but the only thing that ever broke on my 82 was the low beam headlight filament. lol. It was in indoor storage for 34 years until last year. It’s also fairly close, in S Lake Tahoe about 250 miles away.

I've had alot of bikes, but I always seem to gravitate towards Gsxr1k's, just a favorite for whatever reason.
It's also a bike that, if you want one, shop around, you've got options, then go get one.
You, CBX's seem to be a favorite, and you've been bike shopping lately, but apparently nothing has been good enough to buy, and I understand that all too well.
CBX's aren't that common, and good examples, especially for sale, are even harder to come by...and all this you know well.
And, if that bike breaks down, it's not going to be much different in terms of a modern bike breaking down, it's either going to be a minor repair, or catastrophic failure...which of course is very uncommon.
I think "why not?" is the better question.
I can't think of any 'nots' when you find a bike you want, that's in good condition at the right price.
That one is a cool piece of history too, and another testiment to Honda's quality.
I've already decided what I'm adding next(used Goldwing)...and I bet you have too...CBX
lol

I remember seeing them in a dealers showroom.
The only thing I found strange was the 85mph speedometer on a 6 cylinder motorcycle.
I know it was the Government that imposed that law - just don't know what they thought it would do.

Thankfully our Busa's added a 100mph to what the CBX speedometer had.

IMG_3848.png

IMG_3847.png

IMG_3850.png

Must be that time of year. I visit the CBX owners website from time to time where I saw the 81. Now, two days later an 82 like my old one showed up for sale. Asking $11,000 and it has 33,000 miles. Also stored and recently brought back to life. I’ve sent messages to both owners so we’ll see, probably after new years.

Mine made the cover of the CBXPress for my 4,000 mile, 8 states in 10 days tour some years ago.

IMG_3848.png

IMG_3847.png

IMG_3850.png

Back