Hump Storage Modification

great post! Just ordered enough to do 3 bikes. I have 2 humps for my bike and 1 for a friend. Thanks!

just orderd two sets thanks for the info
beerchug.gif

DMR, thanks for your time and knowledge input with this. I just ordered 2 sets. Funny, I have only 1 bike though.
beerchug.gif

I just depleted a set of fastners. Went backorder on 6. I guess everyone has run em dry

(rockadaous @ Feb. 19 2007,21:07) I just depleted a set of fastners.  Went backorder on 6.  I guess everyone has run em dry
that stinks....... i must have gotten lucky because mine were shipped out today. cant wait to do this mod!!

Wow I got mine in today and it took me a whole 5 minutes to do the mod! Awesome write up and thanks for the parts list!

(mike774u @ Feb. 22 2007,14:32) Wow I got mine in today and it took me a whole 5 minutes to do the mod! Awesome write up and thanks for the parts list!
Wow, I am glad that everyone so far has benefited from this information. I have priced out the bail or 'D' ring type fastener (p/n 82-16-300-16) and can see why kits using them are more expensive, they run $4.32 each! I have not been able to find anyone who has the stainless steel version (p/n 82-16-300-20).

The Mailman brought my hardware today... 10 minutes later, I was done.

Thanks for the information here.
bowdown.gif

mine came in also. I was able to get my wet gear pants in there and that's it. Don't get me wrong that's better than nothing. I was thinking there was more room in there. Either way I'm happy with it. thanks for the part #'s

James get with me tomorrow and I'll give you yours.

got mine in on friday. im loving the new found storage space....

I know this threading is old, but I just did the same mod as described. All I can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Cheap, awesome, easy and practical mod!

Bought mine today total on the bill was $12 to my door step through the good ol USPS thanks can't wait to install this mod.
beerchug.gif

Completed the mod this saturday went smoothly as stated. I work at a dealer and anyone that buys a busa i am going to tell them about this mod.
bowdown.gif

Just did the mod. Easy. 15 minutes tops.

ordered some extra pieces, just in case. $12 in parts, $9 UPS to Canada.

Awesome.

Great info dmrowe!
bowdown.gif
  Thank you for posting part numbers and a links to your source.  Copy and paste made ordering easy.  Great pictures also.

Karl

(K Wolf @ Jun. 10 2007,12:00) Great info dmrowe!
bowdown.gif
  Thank you for posting part numbers and a links to your source.  Copy and paste made ordering easy.  Great pictures also.

Karl
You are welcome Karl, this one is so easy that anyone who runs their hump should have it.

DR

I bought one of the dzus kits here on the board and I'm diggin it. I just sent the link to this to some friends who want to do theirs after they saw mine. Nice walk through with part numbers!

Back