HPC closed???

Well there are quit a few posts(read many) praising him for his work. Now I do remember a big stink about an engine rebuild topic. I always do research before spending money or things and I would have looked into the HPC threads before I went up.......as it is not important now....I do need to read up on flashing the ECU and who/where it can be done if not by me. I know nothing about it now.....Oh and I'll leave my first post as is if it'll show my ignorance or better yet short term memory faults......:thumbsup:

Last edited:
While I was speaking humorously about Walmart there is some truth to what I said . Agree with you customer service pretty well sucks at Wally World but the unfortunately lower prices is what has put folks out of business . Same goes for Home Depot. Folks are happy with a cheap screw these days :laugh:
Let Walmart stock and install tires , carry helmets and leathers and other stuff and places like Comp Access will be in trouble !

threadjack over

While I was speaking humorously about Walmart there is some truth to what I said . Agree with you customer service pretty well sucks at Wally World but the unfortunately lower prices is what has put folks out of business . Same goes for Home Depot. Folks are happy with a cheap screw these days :laugh:
Let Walmart stock and install tires , carry helmets and leathers and other stuff and places like Comp Access will be in trouble !

threadjack over

threadjacking back on..this thread is worthless any way.

You are right..think if Wally sold top shelf shoei helmets for $200 instead of $700..or leather suits for $250 instead of $1000. Q2's for 69.88 instead of $120. We would be shopping at Wally's and all the small shops would close.

edit.....and add .88 at the end of the other prices also....lol

A dyno and one trained guy doing the work selling custom maps for a 100 bucks and yes they would rule . The super walmart in West Palm where I live when it first opened up had bays with minor auto service like oil changes and stuff for $9.99 . not sure if it still does or not cuz even at 3am you can't get in the frickin parking lot !

he didn`t want to do my bike because it was a street bike with a tag...maybe he should have??

Back on topic . :wtf: did you just say ?
How is it all the ones here who went there got theirs worked on ?
Did they have to remove their plates before they got there ?
I ask seriously why would he not work on a 'street bike' with tag ?
Is the state he was in that restrictive in laws that one cannot 'mod' a street bike legally ?
I'm confused as usual ?

Is the state he was in that restrictive in laws that one cannot 'mod' a street bike legally ?
I'm confused as usual ?
thats what i was told recently when i asked about getting an appt for a tune??said he did not do street bikes! he was highly recommended on here? think i even started a thread about it? might even still have the email response from them? not that it matters now..my point was really just wondering how much biz they lost telling people this? he did finally say he would do it if i brought it up there with no tag on it, but thats because i asked a few times about why they wouldn`t do it. some people aren`t as persistent as me and maybe just said "ok" i`ll find somebody else..

I'm confused as usual ?

he posted a while back all race mods, which is anything other than a stock part just about, they wouldnt do, and were for off road use only. too much liability he said. :whistle:

Hmmm
I would not take anything anywhere where I had to ask more than once if they wanted my $ ?

Strange

he posted a while back all race mods, which is anything other than a stock part just about, they wouldnt do, and were for off road use only. too much liability he said. :whistle:

something about insurance coverage....if I remember right. Would sux if insurance coverage is what makes a small business go out of business.

Hmmm
I would not take anything anywhere where I had to ask more than once if they wanted my $ ?

Strange

well my good man i didn`t take my bike there and he didn`t get any of my money i just wanted to know why he wouldn`t do a streetbike..guess i am just anal like that??? and you must just still be confused?

well my good man i didn`t take my bike there and he didn`t get any of my money i just wanted to know why he wouldn`t do a streetbike..guess i am just anal like that??? and you must just still be confused?

No not confused anymore . You explained what I was asking .
Just strange he would say no 'tagged' bikes .
I have never heard of something like that .
Is that common for places in other states to say and do same ?
I only ask cuz all on Fl will certainly do whatever your $ is willing to pay for .

I only ask cuz all on Fl will certainly do whatever your $ is willing to pay for .

same everywhere ive been. cali would one of the only state i can think of where people get in trouble for mods.

I had ordered a pipe and a few other things a little while back and on the phone they kept repeating race use only not for street use on and on. When asked about ridding down to get a tune down the road they told me as well they dont tune street bikes so im guessing i would have had to bring it in the back of a truck with no plate sounds like a pain in the ass to me. Then more recently I ordered two things from him they said how busy they are all the time on the phone so i figured they were doing well. After about 3 weeks of not getting my parts i start calling to see whats going on and the answering machine says out of buisnees i left messages no one got back to me i figured i was screwed for sure out of my money. I waited one more week and the day i was going to call and cancel my credit card the stuff shows up ups next day air I mean what the hell is going on just really ****ty customer service. So many people said good things about the place i dont see what was so good about it

i`ve never heard of it? i have had 4 bikes tuned in nyc and 1 bike tuned in maryland..where he is..and was never told "no streetbikes".. and i thought it was strange also thats why i had to know why..never really told me why he just gave in and said bring it up with no tag which of course i didn`t ..think somebody else mentioned something about insurance issues?? probably lost alot of money turning away street bikes?? but i`m just guessing don`t know for sure? anyway, got my busa tuned elsewhere and all is good :thumbsup:

THink about it:

Street bike goes under NORMAL stress as the ride my do to it....SHOULD last longer.
Race bike is 100 Stressed conditions...and if something lets LOOSE...its cause your raced and CANT come back on parts or installer??? My thoughts. I know Greg thru his shop only and was always willing help me...hell was there for one thing..and he thru the MULLET up the dyno just to refresh its custom map..NO charge. SO I personly had + experiance from HPC.

He's probably claiming emissions and EPA laws for why he wouldn't do it.

I think BigRod is closer though since he can't be held reliable for a screw up with a race bike. A street bike points the finger right back at him if something goes wrong....

Insurance coverage.... :rofl:

Did insurance cover the customers (so called sponsored) bikes he was racing on the weekends...?

i`ve never heard of it? i have had 4 bikes tuned in nyc and 1 bike tuned in maryland..where he is..and was never told "no streetbikes".. and i thought it was strange also thats why i had to know why..never really told me why he just gave in and said bring it up with no tag which of course i didn`t ..think somebody else mentioned something about insurance issues?? probably lost alot of money turning away street bikes?? but i`m just guessing don`t know for sure? anyway, got my busa tuned elsewhere and all is good :thumbsup:

Whered you get your bikes tuned in NYC??

Back