What Difficulty Level----Changing Pads?

goblinsix

Registered
So, how complicated is changing brake pads on a GEN2 Busa? I read the shop manual and it doesn't seem all that wicked. But I'm curious if it is one of those projects that can turn south quickly resulting in tools being thrown through windows:-) Ha ha ha.

Any comments on this one? I'm heading up to HPC to see Greg next week at some point and was curious if I should get the jump-start and swap out the pads...or should I leave this to someone who actually knows what he is doing? Guess some things one can only learn by doing...heck I did get married once.

Have Greg do it this time as I am sure he can prolly do it blindfolded with his abilities.
First time watch him. I dont see why he would not let you learn a bit as he did it.
For someone who knows it is easy. For somene who doesnt and has not seen it done then well bolts can get broken and things like that....:laugh:

After you see him do it , later down the road you will be able to do it easy yourself.

Overall process is fairly straighforward but there are a few tips and techniques that it always helps to pick up from one with exp.

Good point Blanca....

Heck...I'd be posting this weekend with a dozen pics of broken bolts, me with the Dremel, and on the verge of banging my head on the garage door:-)

I'll leave it to the pros and watch closely.

Nobody becomes an instant pro at anything and it always helps to watch it in person the first time or two.
YouTube helps but in person where you can say, 'stop why did you do that' is better.

I remember the first time someone told me from concealed cover they were gonna plant 2 to the chest and 1 to the head is less than a second.
Then he did it, I watched and am now yrs later that or faster.

They don't call em teachers for nothing .

Back