How to avoid getting A.S.S.

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I'm talking about Arm Stress Syndrome.  This is caused by a number of things but primarily caused by the "jolting, hang on for dear life, I'm sorry I appear to be low on muscle tissue and bone calcium" accelleration a stock Busa produces.  Having ridden mine about 7000 miles now [since may thank you!] I have developed a pained arm problem that detracts from my fun.  I call it A.S.S. adn results in lower forearm pain from hitting the throttle long, hard and often.  My position on the bike usually has my elbows bent when it takes off and I do NOT straiten them out durring accelleration.  Thus the pull factor basically jars and stretches my forearm bone and after all those miles of yanking, banking and throttling, it kinda hurts all the time.  Then lets add in the wrist pressure, the vibrations similar to CTS, and A.S.S. can be a pain in the [insert sphincter uphomism here].

Anyhow, anyone have any ideas to help this other than "Don't start so fast":super:  I am working out a little more to aid in muscle assistance in the region....  

Also, any other 98 pound weaklings like myself notice an increase in under forearm muscle develpoement due to hanging on and clutching?  I'm getting POPEYE arms or something.

Now you know all about A.S.S. and how to avoid getting any.  Pamphlets are in the mail.

Just like to add that i'm as you say a weakling, or should I say was untill I got the Busa's as the muscle is certainly styarting to come on now.
I'm sure someone else will advise but I just thought it would get better as the muscle built up and you got more used to the bike. It certainly did with my old cbr600 over the 18 months I had it.

Well, ABout the only thing I can come up with is some Heli-bars (change of position). Then work on holding up all of your weight with your abs and back placing very little or NO weight on your wrists and arms... Then make sure you are not spending too much time on a PC mousing around, I have found that if I do not constantly change my seating position at work I start getting a lot of forearm pain.

Lastly, I would recommend hitting the gym or buying a Bowflex. Riding a finely tuned machine means we ourselves need to be a little better tuned. :eek:

Goods points REVman. I recently dug out the tredmill and free weights so i can loose weight and go faster.

Yeah well I need to take my own advice and get some tuning done myself... :sad:

Lean forward more, squeeze the tank with your knees. Puts more weight on your back/torso/abs & less on the arms.

Back