How to avoid damage when bike serviced?

(GMbusa @ Jul. 17 2007,12:45) Remove as much bodywork as possible. I know it sounds like a pain, but they can't harm what isn't there. I'd take it in without the lowers on and remove the hump while your at it.  Also a good idea is to install a tank bra. Even if you don't use one, it still protects the tank from other people somewhat.
I've never even thought about doing that !!

THAT'S FRIGGIN GENIUS !!!

(GMbusa @ Jul. 17 2007,16:14) .  Plus, you have all of us to help you through anything to do with your Busa.
It's people like you, and statements like this,
that make this place so GREAT !!!!!!!

I...I....IIII....I LOVE YOU MAN !!!!!!! LOL

seriously, that's cool dude !!

(DEVLDOG @ Jul. 17 2007,15:41) i brought my bike to a local reputable dealership and when i went to pick it up it had dirty waterspots all over it,i was furious,it rained the nite before and they obviously had it in the yard.they told me they didnt have enough room inside for it.my bike has never seen the rain,it almost came to them calling the cops to get me out of there,I mutha fukd everyone that worked there up and down,my bike is spotless"ALWAYS"...last time i use them and 7 of my buddies stopped going there also..F that man,if its any kind of shop they know a bike that is taken care of and should know how to treat it.
This wasn't in Delaware, was it ?

Hehe I know where you're talking about Kenny
biggrin.gif

hint: (PSE)

(BangkokBusa @ Jul. 17 2007,09:41) My bike needs to go in for service and I am afraid that she will get dinged or scratched during the work. What precautions can I take to prevent this? Should I talk to the service manager? Does a large dealer or small service shop make a difference? I would greatly appreciate any input. Also, I do not want to insult the guys that work there and have something happen to the bike as a result. I remember about 20 years ago a mechanic told me that he would take my bike through mud if he had to. And he said it like he hated me
crazy.gif
. Thanks if you can help,
Explain to me,,, WHY it NEEDS to go in for anything, please!

I believe the dealerships have a lot of you nOobs hoodwinked into thinking that you HAVE TO have scheduled this' or thats' done!

You must love tossing money around needlessly!
laugh.gif

Believe me, I do want to do the work myself, but adjusting the valves, suspension or messing with the carburator is too much because if something goes wrong then the bike is stuck where it is... and I'll have to get a trailer and then I'll feel like a real dumbass. I don't have the tools or space to do the repairs either, so I really don't have any choice.
all_coholic.gif

(BangkokBusa @ Jul. 18 2007,13:30) Believe me, I do want to do the work myself, but adjusting the valves, suspension or messing with the carburator is too much because if something goes wrong then the bike is stuck where it is... and I'll have to get a trailer and then I'll feel like a real dumbass. I don't have the tools or space to do the repairs either, so I really don't have any choice.
all_coholic.gif
For ONE;

I have never known any Hayabusa's that have had to have had their valves adjusted! Period! I mean, until you are waaay out on this engine will you even NEED to consider a valve adjustment,,, and I don't care what your STEALERSHIP tells you!

SECOND; Anything you need to have adjusted, because of your certain weight, can be asked and obtained here from the plethora of experienced Hayabusa owners that can walk you through ANYTHING that you will need to do on your own bike! PERIOD!

THIRD; You don't have CARBURETOR'S, this bike is fuel injected and your Throttle Position Sensor is the only thing that you "may", "possibly", "in the future" "need" to have adjusted or synchronized.

You NEED to down load the Busa Service Manual and GET INTO YOUR BIKE!!!

STOP BEING A PANSY FOR GOD'S SAKES!

"CLAAAASSSSSS,,,, THIS IS A SCREW-DRIVER!!!" EVERYONE PICK UP THE SCREW-DRIVER AND HOLD IT IN YOUR HAND,,, "
laugh.gif

Back