Bike Service Damage

How could you miss that for a week ?
SHOCKED.gif
I would have spotted that in an instant .

(tinmann @ Oct. 16 2006,11:46) How could you miss that for a week ?  
SHOCKED.gif
I would have spotted that in an instant .
What T F he said!! Dude missing that is kinda unworthy of owning this bike! And don't trust any of those stealin a$$ hole&. That is why you pay the bucks to have them baby your baby and they can't even cover the most important looking part of the bike. You don't stand a prayer to get them to own up to it!!!

I would definitely take it back...Ask to speak with the manager/supervisor. Be nice but firm in explaining the situation and your expectations of what they should do to make it right.

Start collecting documentation. Days, times, the names of the people you spoke to, and what was said or done. You may need this later if you decide to go to court.

Good luck!

Take it back........some service trainee probably worked on the bike and dropped tools..may be kind of tough to prove this late....next time check before you leave shop.....better than that do the work yourself if at all possible......
argue.gif

Maybe it's just me. Before I take any vehicle for service it is cleaned and waxed. I'm thinking that if the tech sees it nice and clean they may just be a little more careful with it. Plus it's a lot easier to see any damage immediately. Shiat, I wax my rim before taking it for a tire change... I'm pretty anal about my vehicles being "clean". I'd definately have a chat with them.

On a positive note. My last Busa rear tire change took forever. I remove wheel and just take old for R/R. Tech came back and says " Sorry it took so long. I was balancing and couldn't get the tire to balance with the factory tire "dot". I didn't want to have to put any weights on this mint rim and played with it until it balanced perfectly. The "dot" was off, so I scrubbed it off and made my own. No wheel weights on rim.  
Yup, he got a tip!

Well, I've decided to go back and complain. I'm sure they'll deny it at this point but, I'm still going to let them know how I feel.....will keep you guys posted!

I'd go back in and raise hell
guns.gif

Had similiar situation with radiator fins, after changing exhaust system (at dealers service). Of course they denied it, and if it wasnt for the bike to be only 1 week old then, i'd have to live with it.

Dont settle for anything less, get them to pay for their mess.
G'luck

Well, I finally took my bike back and complained. The guy was pretty cool about it....he was surprised because he said he had one of his best techs work on it.....didn't try to deny it at all and immediately started apologizing and at least trying to make it right to some degree.......he offered me some gift certificates and his employee discount on my next purchase in the store. He acknowledged that that still would not fix my tank but at least he tried.......I was expecting denials up and down......I'm glad I was wrong!

Back