Bike Service Damage

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
I just recently had my bike serviced and noticed some paint was chipped off the tank and the engine side cover. There is also some discoloration near the paint chip in the tank that doesn't really show up well on the pics I'm going to post. I know it wasn't like that before. it really bugs me to the point where I want to take it back and complain.....Am I over reacting?

TankPic1.jpg

eek2.gif

Sorry to see that. looks like someone wasn't careful ......
crazy.gif

This is part of the reason NO ONE - but me, works on my bike. If I scratch it - Fine then. If some one else scratches it AND charges me to do it - AHHHH!
AAAssjani.gif

I would go back and let someone know. Will they deny it? Or make it right?
rock.gif

I don't think you are over-reacting, it didn't look like that when you dropped it off there, did it? Make them fix it. Why should you suffer because they can't be bothered to be careful?

Hammer them for that crap.  Maybe next time they will take there time and get the correct wrench to prop the tank before chipping someone elses paint....
pissed.gif

Unfortunately, I didn't notice it when I picked it up as it was pretty dang dusty from them leaving it outside during the day. I didn't worry about them wiping it off as I had planned to wash it when I got it home....I didn't notice the damage until I washed it the following week. Wish I had really looked at it when I picked it up......I think they'll deny it now that it's been a couple of weeks.

Atleast you've learned a lesson about not checking the bike before leaving.

I would go and chat with the service manager, but take a good attitude.

If you piss them off you have nothing to stand on, because its been to long.

+1 on the take it back. Find out the mechanic's name that worked on it, Dealership location. And post up here if you can confirm it so others can be aware of that stealership. Also, that ding on the tank looks like they slipped with the Allen wrench and got 1 clean contact with the butt end of the alen wrench.

Dont be disrespectful to the guy at the counter as they just take orders and lie out their teeth. Find the guy that worked on your bike and take it up with him, the stealership will make it right. I know cause one put a ding in my clutch casing, "How I dont know..." and they put a new one on it.... AFTER I took the bike back and put their nose in it like a dog that pissed on the floor. Be firm, place foot in their @$$.
rant.gif

My guess is that it was dusty when you picked it up for a reason, they did not want you to see the chips! Take it back and give them a chance to make it right BEFORE you put a boot in their azz.

Note to self: take digital pics with timestamp of all paint prior to taking bike in for service of any kind.
rock.gif

I'd take it back and let them know how I felt about how they treated my bike, but most likely they will deny it.

(Saxoplay @ Oct. 14 2006,10:59) Unfortunately, I didn't notice it when I picked it up as it was pretty dang dusty from them leaving it outside during the day.  I didn't worry about them wiping it off as I had planned to wash it when I got it home....I didn't notice the damage until I washed it the following week.  Wish I had really looked at it when I picked it up......I think they'll deny it now that it's been a couple of weeks.
I ALWAYS walk around and check out EVERYTHING on anything I have work done on. Once you leave they'll usaully ream you but good if you try the comeback method
wow.gif
I do all my own work on my bike vs taking it to the Scratch and Denters for just your reason. Also its VERY good to show the service manager your machine BEFORE they wheel it back to let him know the exact condition its in, and thats exactly how you want it back. Unfortunately nothing you can do can really protect your baby from the "I don't care cause' I don't get paid enough" crowd except doing your own work. Otherwise you gotta realize its a crap shoot taking it to America's "finest"
crazy.gif

(Shibumi @ Oct. 14 2006,17:22) Note to self: take digital pics with timestamp of all paint prior to taking bike in for service of any kind.  
rock.gif
I actually do that. Plus I have the guy who receives it in the pictures. But then again I am a d()ck.

Party lunch woops.(( Average Dealer Techs day)) from the cats I know.
Tell them as nicely as you can of the incident and hopefully, some restitution will come your way.
Otherwise plan B is :

You become a bartender and the last cocktail you serve up in town is of the Molotov variety.
Peace,
Timmyduck

It doesn't hurt to take it to them, but since you noticed it a week later.... don't be surprised if they say you did it. And how could you really blame them if they said that?

I would tell them after you took the bike home, you went out of town for a week and then noticed it just so it seems like you didn't have an entire week "with the bike" to notice the damage... because if I was a dealer I'd also wonder why you were bringing your bike in a week or so later.

Back