I am so upset

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
I was riding to school this morning and had to go through construction near a mall near me. It is about 1.5 miles of construction. So I was heading down the road and I hear a TING and something hit my stomach real hard. Kinda stung. I thought it was a bug at first, I then thought it made a ting sound. I look down and
eek2.gif
a huge chip had been taken out of my tank. I guess a truck when by and a rock hit it. But I feel so sick, I couldnt take my eyes off this HUGE chip. I mean, it hit hard. No dent but it will rust.
sad.gif
It is only a little bit smaller than a bb, but it is big enough. Anyone know what coverup paint there is? Or maybe a nail polish color for the 06 brugundy and black?

Ill get pics up soon.
sad.gif

sad.gif

That is an unlucky hit, but one thing I learned quickly is that you can count on countless nicks and chips along the front and underside of your bike.

i got a little bit of rust in my tank,think it was from my tank bag
sad.gif

it's already started to rust and it's only the size of a nail will have to but a tank off ebay i think.

+1 on the Color-rite, I had to get some for a li'l mishap at low speed on mine shortly after I got it
mad.gif
AAAssjani.gif
crazy.gif
guns.gif
pissed.gif
rant.gif
redcomprs2.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
ukliam3.gif

Yeah, it'll tick ya off...

I got one of those too...I call it a war wound.

**shrug** It's gonna happen.

(LadyHawk @ Aug. 28 2007,20:08) I got one of those too...I call it a war wound.

**shrug** It's gonna happen.
+1

I know it hurts, but better to pick up a rock chip that to throw it on the ground.

The Color Rite is a good match, just take your time applying it, and it will be pretty much invisible.

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 28 2007,09:26) That is an unlucky hit, but one thing I learned quickly is that you can count on countless nicks and chips along the front and underside of your bike.
Yep there's no way of avoiding it.......I just try and steer clear of as much gravel ect as I can, and realize that over time you get this stuff
sad.gif
Oh well they're still faster than hell. And from a few feet away you prolly can't even see it
wink.gif

+1 on the ColorRite paint, if you're looking to touch it up.

I started down that route - have a chip a little smaller than a dime on mine. But went with something else that will PREVENT any more....BAGSTER! No way a rock is gonna chip my tank anymore!

post-6-02365-cimg4007__small_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back