I am not immune to tip overs..

Dang John, that sucks. Glad to here there wasen't much damage and you didn't get hurt.

Lamb got you back for finding his wallet....
whistling.gif

Wow ... no scratches/scuffs to the fairing ?? Same thing just happened to me two weeks ago .. I wasn't as lucky. Say it with me ... $400 for a new lower left fairing/stator cover.
Glad you didn't have to dig deep in your pockets like I did..
firedevil.gif

Wow ... no scratches/scuffs to the fairing  ??   Same thing just happened to me two weeks ago .. I wasn't as lucky.  Say it with me ... $400 for a new lower left fairing/stator cover.
Glad you didn't have to dig deep in your pockets like I did..  
firedevil.gif
It happened four hours ago and I still look to see if I missed something. Been doing it all day. Looking. Looking.
laugh.gif

That's all there is. Well, the mirror had some light surface scratches but I buffed them out with wax.

Other than the stator cover and this thread it never happened. Very lucky.

Only thing I can figure is it rested against the front tire(full left lock)and the stator cover. Never touched the foot peg or bar ends either.

r8

Sorry, dropped mine the second day I had her. What a pisser
wowold.gif
wowold.gif
wowold.gif

I'm looking on the bright side. I wanted a Woodcraft cover but did not want to do the work. I have a CM sprocket cover sitting on the shelf for a month because I didn't want to do the work.
laugh.gif

Now, I'll do the work. Should just throw a turbo on it also.
cool.gif

r8

wowold.gif

wowold.gif

I was moving the '08 around today, in and out of the gayrage and my son says, why do keeping kicking the kickstand every time you move the bike? Because I said I'ved developed a habit ever since the valk tried crush me against the work bench, due to the kickstand not being fully engaged. Now 'adays its; "move the bike - kick it twice"

I've almost dropped it a few times in the garage,scary feeling. You almost get that same feeling like you got caught doing something wrong.Glad you are ok, It could have landed on your leg.

I was moving the '08 around today, in and out of the gayrage and my son says, why do keeping kicking the kickstand every time you move the bike? Because I said I'ved developed a habit ever since the valk tried crush me against the work bench, due to the kickstand not being fully engaged. Now 'adays its; "move the bike - kick it twice"
You know, I do that myself. I should of put it on the rear stand first I suppose. Only thing I can figure is I moved the kick stand with my leg and didn't realize it.

Once the weight of the bike starts moving it's downhill from there. If my foot didn't slip on the floor I could of caught it. Not the case thus the easy fall as I was screaming and holding on all the way to the floor.
laugh.gif

Minor damage. Very lucky. Oh, kick stand mod done long ago.

I should invest in a mat for the floor maybe.

r8

Lamb didn't think you would notice the butter he put down on your garage floor so fast. Flew to your house last night and put it there in response to your teasing about the wallet! Pay back!

Just kidding, we've all done it or will. Glad your damage was minimal!
And a payback it was. Karma I bet. Well deserved on my end.

I knew you were top shelf using butter instead of margarine.

Thanks lamb.
shake.gif

r8
Sorry guys, suppose I should have left all the "karma" stuff outside... glad you did not rack yourself against the car John.... good thing you did not have those good mirrors on, they might have depreciated a bit
smile.gif

anyway glad it was only a scratch...

Had the same thing happen in a gas station. Oil and angle took front wheel out from under me. It is a sick feeling but don't beat yourself up. Now it looks like you actually ride it.

beerchug.gif

Here is the mirror. One coat of touch up. I'll slowly build it up. Lord knows I don't want to wait 8 more months.  
argue.gif

r8

001__2___800x600_.JPG

Back