Org member went down 9/2 out of hospital today----It's jeffroe334

jeffroe334

Registered
Original thread started by Busa1166 (my good friend Manny that I met from the org) https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/93782-org-member-down-5.html

First of all I'm alive, how I don't exactly know. I feel without my Shark RSR2 Helmet I would be dead. Here are some pics of it.(down at bottom) The front mouth area is melted from the asphalt. I had only a helmet and gloves on.

I have only seen cell phone pics of the bike, but I know the front bike windshield right side foot pegs are gone, along with some right side small fairing damage, the frame slider on the right side was sanded down to a nub but saved a lot of the bike, exhaust on right side is probably trashed. When I get it back I will get pics. Recovering is my first goal and saving my right arm is my top priority.

9/2 4:00p.m. getting on 595 West at Nob Hill in Broward county Florida I was cut over on hard and fast and couldn't get out of the way to my left or right too many cagers and I was ripping it (to fast), no choice but to apply both brakes, was at bout 120-135, rear and front locked (I guess) I launched off to the the right and that was the impact side, I think the bike slid on its right with no rolling. It was 200 feet or yards away from where I stopped from what I've heard. I impacted between 80-100 mph. Chick on her cell phone lane splitting in a cage at 100+ was the cause.

I didn't feel or do I remember the impact or the rolling and sliding across the 140+ degree asphalt for 60-70 yards, or bouncing around in the side emergency lane with all the road debris, and then ending up in the gravel and grass near a fence on the side of the road.

All I heard when I came through was people yelling at me to stay still and I could hear an ambulance coming, I couldn't breathe. I somehow got my helmet off I was choking. I started spitting bright red blood and it was pouring out of my mouth not to mention 400 other places. Later found out one of my 9 broken ribs went right threw my lung and punctured it.

I get in the ambulance my clothes are gone and peeled off/shredded, it was a painful ride on the way there I could feel my clavicle was broken in half and my ribs were killing me, road rash was everywhere.

Lot more to tell I was in the hospital ICU for 4 days, and spent about 10-11 days in a medium level trauma ward. Pain killers were morphine, oxycotin, percocet, and some powerful stuff they give pregnant women above morphine. I'm still in a ton of pain.

I had two surgeries, I got a plate put in along my collarbone with six screws to hold it together, before that the back of my right arm was ripped open by road debris, from the middle forearm down to the knuckles on the back of my hand. The had to cut the back of my hand open and peel it back to get tire rubber, rocks, and metal fragments out of the back of my hand and forearm. My hand is still killing me. Not to mention the same right arm from the middle forearm all the way up 100% all of my shoulder upper back and down to my thigh has no skin (road rash is extreme) plus I had the collarbone surgery on that side, plus I have 9 broken ribs front and back on my right side.

I can barely move the arm, my doctors are trying to save it, my biggest fear is I lose it or part of it. I had a tattoo on my right shoulder and 65% of it had been grounded off. PAIN PAIN! This arm is trashed.

My left arm and back shoulder all the way down my side and entire back also has bad road rash but has bee healing good since I can move it. My palm and wrist was road rashed bad even though I had gloves on my left hand. Tattoo on that shoulder is 25% gone.

I really think the frame sliders saved my legs from getting broke or my ankles. I'm walking again, my right hip was deeply bruised and rashed to hell but didn't break, but it hurts.

Both knees, ankles, calves, have deep cuts and bruises on them but most of the scabs have fell off, or been removed in rehab.

I could only breathe about 10-15% of my lung capacity for a week. They had to cut a hole while I was awake between two ribs under my arm pit and insert a tube and box to drain the blood from my lungs and blow it back up, it was painful, taking it out 5 days later was torture.

9 broke ribs
punctured lung
arm and clavicle (snapped) surgery
sprained my right foot bad, it feels broke.
road rash 65% of my body cut and nicks over 90%
Lots more......I'm on tons of pain meds thank god.

This is a long update.

What I learned is that people really care about you especially family when you get hurt real bad, not sure how I lived like I said.

Not sure if I will ride again but I wish I would have had my jacket on. Less road rash maybe less broken bones.

I would never tell anyone not to ride. I would highly recommend a helmet (not a cheap one!!!) A good snug jacket with good strong padding, gloves that come up your forearm and some good over the ankle boots. My shirt was melted off, my jeans were shredded, good riding pants would be a good idea.

Its hot as hell down here, I made a mistake taking a movie back to blockbuster with only helmet and gloves. I've included a pic of me just to give you an idea of who I am.

I appreciate everyone's kind words and I love the org. I hope I can stay in touch I have a long rehab and a tougher road to saving all my limbs, if I get infection in my right arm with the severe rash and lower hand surgery things could be bad. I still have plastic surgery to go through for my arm when it heals, if it does.

I have like 10 dead spots with no feeling in my right arm now.

I will be selling my bike once I get the insurance money and get it fixed up. Shouldn't be to badly damaged. Has about 3200-3400 miles on it.

I will let you guys know.

Ride safe, wear gear, and look out for other bikes when your in your car.

Thank you everyone!!!!! (sorry so long) Staying in the hospital is a whole entire torturous story.

-Jeffroe334

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

walking.jpg

sittin n chair.jpg

Recovery should be your prime focus. Everything else will take care of itself. Sorry about the accident, but amazed you can remember so much of what happened. Prayers sent and let us know what you need and how we can help. :please:

GodSpeed Recovery brother man im sure it doesnt look as bad as it feels keep your head up and look to live another day man :beerchug:

Holy Crap, glad you are still with us. Do what you have to do to heal up, the rest will work itself out.

Glad to see you are still around man! :thumbsup: Keep the chin up and do what you need to recover. Will be praying for you man.

as posted above, work on getting better... :) we will beat you up "AFTER" you are healthy again... Glad you at least had your lid on.. looks like you are one lucky guy to be alive all the same...

Hope your family is doing ok! (you might be in pain but I bet they are too)

:thumbsup:

Glad you are alive bro and are able to post up. I hate to say this but you are a fine example to younger members and to those that do not or will not wear gear I hope they learn from your mistake and make the adjustment. Best wishes man and heal up Bro we will keep you in our prayers.

glad you are doing as well as you are, take your time and get better...prayers sent

The good thing is that you are still here and able to post.

By looking at the pics, your head is probably the only thing that wasn't hurt, that RSR2 took a lot of beating.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Very glad you can post up now. Thank the Lord you survived. Bikes can be replaced, you cant.

Back