How often you guys change oil filter?

Change the oil and filter (suzuki) together. About every 1000-1500 miles.

Taking the plastics off gives you an opportunity to take a real close look at their undersides.

OE filter - no risk situation - and Mobil 1 4t 10W-40 every time.

Change both after first 200 miles, then at 600, 2500, now at 5500 and every 3k here after.

I change My filter every other oil change non sythetic oil...but change My oil after every track race and like 1000 street miles!!

And like said Suzuki filter only!!..I know there Made by some?? company anyway,but it just makes me feel beter knowing its a oem filter!!

first oil change when new 37 miles(from dealer to home) again at 500 miles and then every 1000..I know Im nuts..but its the motors blood and worth it too Me!!!!!

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

New K&N or OEM Filter at every oil change 3K mi. Can't stand the thought of running clean oil through a dirty filter & mixing with the dregs of what is left in it also. Clean, cool oil is the life of the engine.

Well I just finished reading the interesting oil thread posted by speedgeek. I guess I won't be using K&N anymore! So much for that nice little nut on the end.
wow.gif

change oil and filter every 3k miles.... i use the purolator filter

Filter every oil change. My 06-LE only has 1100 kilometers and i changed it 4 times already, during break in to remove filings.

(dadofthree @ Mar. 15 2007,00:34) Every oil change.
I could never figure out why I would want to put old dirty oil (which is in the filter) into the new clean oil
rock.gif
! So, for me, oil change, filter change also. Doesn't take that long and for a $10,000 machine, it's worth it to me  
beerchug.gif

Hey guys thanks for all the info
wink.gif
. It looks like I'm on the long side for my oil/filter changes. I just hate wrestling plastic. I think I might go every other oil change with my filter and run the Mobil 1 4t bike oil. Thanks again for the responses
biggrin.gif

I change my oil every 1500 miles. Suzuki 10-40 and K& N filter. I have 13k on my bike and inside the motor looks new. Cheap Insurance .

(321CYA @ Apr. 03 2007,00:21) I change my filter every 3000mi, but I change my oil every 1500mi...
beerchug.gif

I use Mobil 1
Isn't an oilchange every 1500miles a bit too soon? If your racing, that's one thing. But for street riding, and that your using a full synthetic it seems to me that your just wasting oil.

Back