How often you guys change oil filter?

The Big Red One

Registered
Just wondering how often most folks change their oil filter. The manual says 11k miles or 18 months. I HATE fighting the plastic every few thousand miles to screw another filter on. I'm thinking about stretching the change interval out some. More like the 18 months part
wink.gif

I change the filter with every oil change. I use the OEM filter. I may be wrong, but I just can't bare to put nice clean oil through a dirty filter. Yes, plastics can be a pain--but the more you do it the easier it gets.

why not change it everytime with the oil.... yeah money can be the issue but for as little as they cost why put your motor at risk

oil and filter every time...3000 miles if i've been doing a lot of long distance riding, 2000 if riding hard or if i've been on a lot of gravel/dirt roads
beerchug.gif

As soon as the warranty is out I'm going to try the purolator filter. It's suppose to be a better filter and much cheaper.
beerchug.gif

I change the filter every time I change the oil.

Currently running the stock Suzuki filter and Amsoil. While I only have one change in on this bike (just got it at the end of January), I expect to change the oil and filter every 3000 miles.

As for aftermarket filters - I'll pass. They may be less expensive, but the stock filter is only $13 or so. At 3000 mile intervals that will likely equate to 2 changes a year. Not worth saving $10 total over a one year period. Besides, if you look long enough on the web you'll find someone who disputes everything you thought was true. Including the "less expensive" but supposedly better filters. In other words, I'll bet I can find someone on the web who thinks whatever filter you run is crap and has data to prove it. Basically - it's a zoo out there guys so don't believe everything you read.

coffee.gif

Oil and filter every 2000-2500 miles. OEM filter.

I think Jinkster actually did some investigating into aftermarket filters and found them to be made from different filtering material etc. There is more to an oil filter than you might think! I pay the extra for the OEM filter and peace of mind.

Back