How much for insurance

Crap!!! I'm getting ROBBED in Canada compared to you guys down south of the border!!!

$2900 was the cheapest I could find. That's with $1000 deductibles and without fire and vandlism (it's in a secure parking garage, so no worries about those 2). Keep in mind that the riding season up here is really only 5-6 months, we have provincial (government) medical insurance (no private medical allowed, yet), and a far less litigious civil court system (but 1,000,000.00 liability still seems to be the norm).

One insurance company wanted $6000 for only $500,000.00 libility, and no comprehensive on fire, theft, etc.!!!

I've a clean record too!

AntiTrust: you blow me away! Under $500, and coverage on your leathers and guns! I'm not even allowed to defend myself with my guns in Canada!!!

You guys make me think long and hard about the merits of staying up here.

I don't have a 'busa yet...but I have shopped for insurance already.

I currently have Road Star Warrior and Yamaha FZ1

...PERFECT driving record (no accidents or tickets)
Licenses rider for 25 years
Completed the MSF course

Geico quoted me $4600 a year to insure a Hayabusa
HHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaahahhahaahahahahaaaaa

wow...what a great topic!

why didn't someone else ever ask this???
rock.gif
THis is funny because I was just thinking about asking this. As I am looking to get a Busa in the next couple of weeks.. GREAT question.

$720 a year .....full coverage , State Farm .....coverage is set to the MAX !
wink.gif

why the huge range for insurance in the states?
it all depends on where you live... for instance... my insurance on my 600 F4i honda was $160 a year for full coverage in California... i moved to Texas and it went up to $600!!! They said it was because i was more likely to get hit by a uninsured motorist in Texas than California. Now i have a busa and it is just over $50 a month for full coverage with a $500 deductable... i use USAA and they are the cheapest i could find in Texas... i still call around every couple of months to see if i can get a better deal and cant. Most companies want me to pay over 2k a year ... phhhhhtt! no way! I'll be screwed though once USAA wont insure my bike anymore. I might even have to sell my bike because i simply wont be able to afford the insurance... I have a clean record too and i'm married, 32 years old.. i dont know why my insurance is still so high...

Hey BanditKing:  I'm in Ontario, Canada also, eh!  $1,200 CDN for full coverage  - Red/Black 2005 .  (How much is that?  $24.95US?)

Did you check Primmum Insurance?

I just finally insured my 06 le
$1974 a year full coverage
$180 if i wanted liability
I'm 28 no tickets no accidents
Rider Insurance NJ

Geico wanted 3800
Progressive 4300
out of their minds!

$185.00 / yr. Liability only in DALLAS - Progressive - That covers the Busa & Wife's CBR F4i.

$61 per mo, full coverage w/ state farm. even had a theft claim last yr.
but i beat all my tickets
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|craigntx
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145652733 -->

I'm 45 married with 2 kids and own a home.

I pay $800.00 for full coverage with a $500.00 deductable in Rhode Island.

No tickets in the last 4 + years and 1 accident which was in a cage about a year after I received my license.

Hey BanditKing: I'm in Ontario, Canada also, eh! $1,200 CDN for full coverage - Red/Black 2005 . (How much is that? $24.95US?)

Did you check Primmum Insurance?
HEY!!! Another Canadien!!

$1200 is pretty dang cheap compared to mine!
I'm with Primmum too. That's the cheapest they
would give me, and the cheapest by far compared
to some of the other companies!

$2900/year. That's with $1 million in liability, theft, fire and vandalism.

I've only got 4 years of riding experience though, but they've
all been insured with Primmum. 34 and single, no kids. I wonder if that's a factor, or is it just 'cause I'm in T.O.?

Later,
BK

Back