How many of us out there

1313R

Registered
I'll be making my first visit to the dyno this weekend. Who else has done this and what is the average HP and TQ #'s?

varies... I got 166.7 HP and 100 lb/ft.

I have heard that every shop dyno gives a different value...
rock.gif

Every dyno is different so just make sure if you do any changes that you go back to the same dyno for comparisons.

Bone stock I would say 150-155HP & 90-95TQ Average SAE!

With your mods I will guess 162HP & 98TQ SAE!

Just try and get a SAE and STD print out because everyone compares with different numbers, that way you have both.

Josh
blues.gif

I had mine on the dyno, but alas, the busa was just too much for it. The dyno blew a resistor (or something) with it on there and I haven't been back again. I'm hoping to get there sometime in March.

266.0 HP and 167.5 Torque thru stock exhaust, SAE.

wink.gif

<!--EDIT|SLEEPERBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074126408 -->

DSC01865.JPG

I'm signed up for a Dynojet Diagnostics instructors seminar at MMI in April and have every intention of bringing Suzie!

266.0 HP and 167.5 Torque thru stock exhaust, SAE.

wink.gif
SLEEPERBUSA,

What kind of Turbo kit were you running at that time?

I am looking at the Hahn or Mr. Turbo kit with intention of getting similar Numbers. I just want a little more power than a built motor for the same money (around $3,500). I want to keep it under 300 HP until I can build up the motor properly. Besides 250HP at the wheel will be more than enough FOR NOW!
super.gif

Josh
blues.gif

Josh,
that was motor and nitrous.
1397, Carpenter head, Carpenter cams, big box mod, stock exhaust, 69 HP nitrous.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm going MCxpress turbo now.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

that was motor and nitrous.
1397, Carpenter head, Carpenter cams, big box mod, stock exhaust, 69 HP nitrous.
SLEEPERBUSA,

That is damn impressive for a NON-Turbo bike. I don't think I have seen numbers that high for a 1397 with some juice. The ones I have seen are in the 225-230 Hp range.

If you don't mind saying what did it cost you to get to that performance level?

Also how is driveability and reliability?

I want something that is as maintenance FREE as factory stock but runs like a bat out of hell! I just figured that a small Turbo would be the best way to go to get all of those things.

What do you think?

Josh
blues.gif

Josh,
This is JUST MY OPINION!
The piston kit was $1000
The head work was $1300
The cams were about $750, exchange.
Yosh EMS system was over $600 and nitrous kit was $350
I don't remember the labor, because Johnny was building 2 Busas for me and it all kinda runs together.
Then I had to spray the hell out of it to get those numbers.
Actually, I made it to 272 hp, but the air/fuel ratio was messed up.
Johnny and I learned some very valuable info on this build up, so we both benefited from it, but we hurt some parts in the process.
A turbo setup could get those numbers, OR better, and be safe.
You are more fortunate than you obviously know. You live in the same state as 1 of the TOP turbo Gurus in the world!
Do you know THEMOTORHEAD?
He is from Cleveland, Oh.
As a matter of fact, he's got an Anderson turbo system for sale right now, at a good price.

If I were you, this is the route that I would take.

End of year blow out and have Dennis install and tune it.

It's exactly the money that you are looking to spend and the HP numbers that you are looking to get.

Hope this helps!!

PS
Here is Dennis' 2 sites.

http://www.themotorhead.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Happy reading!

My 02 had 170hp and 101tor. with Akra,BMC,custom map.
Just had my 03 1K on the dyno and got 155hp and 78tor.

SLEEPERBUSA,

Thanks for all the info. I have been following Dennis (a.k.a. the MotorHead) and his posts close just trying to learn all there is to know about Turbo'n a bike. That seems to be the route I want to go.
cool.gif
I just need to decide if I want to spend all that money at once!
sad.gif

Later,

Josh
cool.gif

cool.gif

I hear ya!!
I was told, the guys that told me were told, so I'll tell you.
You are gonna spend the money, sooner or later!

It ain't a "maybe".
It's GONNA happen!
It doesn't have to be the biggest or baddest, but turbo is the best bang for the buck.

Do it once and have fun riding!

Of course, this is just MY $.02

I still have a nitrous bike also, for drag racing. But my streetbike needs atleast 270hp to carry my bigass as fast as I wanna go.

Back