How long does stuff last on a busa?

87 octane ?? ... I still have my Kawi 636 and its recommended to use 93+ octane ... the busa manual says the same thing ...

what do the dealers recommend?

Is there any definitive studies showing the effects of using 93 octane vs 87 ??

just curious ... I've only got 40 miles on mine so far ... mwhayahahah ... that will change dramatically this weekend

... but I want to do what will make it last and run the best

ndn

87 octane ??  ... I still have my Kawi 636 and its recommended to use 93+ octane ... the busa manual says the same thing ...

what do the dealers recommend?  

Is there any definitive studies showing the effects of using 93 octane vs 87 ??

just curious ... I've only got 40 miles on mine so far ... mwhayahahah ... that will change dramatically this weekend  

... but I want to do what will make it last and run the best

ndn
your Hayabusa manual says to run 93? Can you tell me wich page its on so I can look it up too?

Can someone please explain "sprockets" and "plugs". I'm not privvy to exactly what these parts are?

Plugs are Spark Plugs. # 18

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143221422 -->

plugs.gif

I'm at work ... and I may be wrong since I'm going from memory ... I will check it out later today and verify if it does say 93 in the busa manual or not ... but I do know the Kawi manual says to use 93.

Sorry if I'm wrong and got anyone agitated ... I'm new here ... be gentle

blush.gif

I'm at work ... and I may be wrong since I'm going from memory ... I will check it out later today and verify if it does say 93 in the busa manual or not ... but I do know the Kawi manual says to use 93.

blush.gif
GTG.

The manual says to run 87.  I use and will continue to use 93.  My baby just runs better on 93
Runs better?
How you can tell? Less fuel consumption? Cooler engine? Dyno charts?

In theory using higher octane is waste of money.

There could be few possible abnormal engine conditions when engine runs better on high octane.

High carbon deposits just one of them..

:-) LOVE IT!!!!

87 octane,

chain when it binds (13-15k)

oil 4-6k

tires once a year (6-8k)

fun ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow.gif

If you worry about the costs of owning a Busa maybe you should reconsider buying one. A Busa is like having a Vette, everything costs more because the parts are for a Busa. Bottom line, you have to expect higher costs associated with owning a premium machine...

blush.gif
Any luck?

Tires depend how you ride and the tire brand. Stock Battlax radials that come on them normally last anywhere from 4500 - 8000 , Oil changes every i usually change it every 2500 - 3000 depending how the bikes been ridden. Chain you can get upward to 15 - 20k miles if you lubricate it regulary I personally use Repsol moto chain lube and TRY to keep it pretty regular , like in 2 - 3 week intervals just a quick spray while its on the rear stand before a ride. Also the octane use 87 , higher octane you LOSE power and the engine cant burn it properly. it WILL cause buildup in the cylinders and on the exhaust valves eventually which will add to even more performance loss. Its funny people think higher octane is better for the engine or adds horsepower , Higher octane needs more heat to fully burn. And stock hayabusa WONT burn it fully. If your running a turbo system or a big bore with 13:1 compression yeah run high octane. Stock bike even with PC3 pipes and most bolt ons DO NOT run high octane. Only time you run a higher octane is if you have detonation " ping" in the cylinders from predetonation. Also its been proved on a dyno 87 you gain 2hp more over 91 octane , 93 - 95 would even be worse. I live in Phoenix and on a 100 degree day she runs beautifully on 87. Beware Insurance is a PAIN. Pocket book takes a huge hit every month. Hope this helps
tounge.gif

Chains and tires,not long,brake pads: a little longer.Clutch plates: about 2 years for me.:)

I definitely stand corrected. As others have been kind enough to point out, the manual says 87 octane minimum.

Sorry about that, I got confused with my 636 manual.

cool.gif

Does anyone use 89 octane? We can get 87, 89 and 93 octane around here.

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to using gas with a little higher octane level like 89 octane?

thanks
ndn

harleys are not outdated
they are still cool
u just need to be 56+ have long grey hair and like good music
modern music is a discrace and im 14 what must the people from the tru music generation think
who wants to go back to the greats
Hell yes:D

Back