How long before you get pissed?

rpm9001

Donating Member
Registered
I Sent a part out to have some work done on it and I was told before I shipped it , it would take 3 days. well it is getting close to 30 days and no part yet. I'm not worried about getting it, just pissed because I was told 3 day turn around. I was expecting 10-12 days even when it was to be 3.

How long before I #####? This is a company many here have delt with and have had good luck with in the past. I was also told last wed, that it was going to be shipped out that day and I made payment and was told he would send tracking info...Guess what? No tracking info sent to me! and almost a week and still not here. I'm only 2 states away! I kept up my end of the deal, Shipped when I said I would and paid what he wanted when he wanted it!!
I feel if you say you are going to do something than do it! If there is a delay or problem....tell me!!! don't just let me sit and wonder if it is ever going to get to me. sorry...had to vent..

Well, don't keep us in suspense...
Enlighten us as to who we need to watch out for or at least expect poor customer service from...

David

27 days late... I would be pissed after a week. I'm a firm believer in letting people know who sucks and who doesn't! And letting the company know that I am going to let as many people know as possible in the hopes of affecting thier business...

Well,
I still don't have my parts yet
smile.gif
I don't want to piss them off yet. I believe I will get my part and be happy it's just taking forever. And when I say who it was there is going to 500 people saying how great they are and they had great service.. I too have had great service in the past...just not this time. If I was being ripped off I would posted the name in a second... but it's not the case here.. I just want to ride! I will give them a day or so, but will give the name but have to be fair and see the quality to be before I just bash them for being 27 days late.

You have exercised patience and good judgement. Now it's time to exercise justice. Furnish names phone #'s and specifics. You've waited too long.

If your willing to wait a month why bother posting it? J/K... In all seriousness I wouldn't care how good thier prior service was if they told me they were sending tracking numbers and then didn't I would be pissed... If they never emailed or called to say there was going to be a delay I would be pissed... All it takes is an email to give you a heads up... But the fact that you didn't get one shows your value and importance as a customer!

My 2c - Call them up and ask them what the problem is. Some times, crap happens to vendors and they're a bit embarrassed to be up front with it. I had a guy do this to me out of Florida.

When I talked on the phone with him, he told me what happened and actually apologized and included some nice chrome freebies for not losing my temper with him when my parts arrived another week later.

If the person on the phone isn't the owner or someone of authority, ask to speak to the manager or owner. Have them be concise on their action and repeat back what they said they would do and by when. I wouldn't just wait this out. again... my 2c is all.

Ditto what Shawn said. Talk to the owner. If I were an owner and a customer weren't being cared for properly, I'd be the one pissed off on behalf of my customer.

And what's up with a New Yorker not getting pi$$ed off 10 seconds after the deadline, anyway?!!
wink.gif

--Wag--

Well it's here... It did come today. I have some issuse, but will post back here as soon as I get a response from the owner. I will post pics also. I need to see if he will make things right.

Glad you got the parts, but agree with your handling. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and believe in them, but I do wish that when they aren't going to live up to what they have said that they let me know. Sitting around without knowledge or understanding of everything is tough and that's what I can't do well.

I think I look at things a little different... I have been a Realtor for awhile now... to long actually... What I have learned is money regardless of the amount is the same. If you taking someone else's money and are performing a service for them... You owe them the highest level of service regardless if it is a fifty dollar dollar job or a 400,000 job. To me there is no difference. The level of service should always be excellent and without reproach. I deal with a ton of contractors. If they screw up they know they better step up and let me know before I find out on my own. If they don't I will do my best to let the rest of my peer group know they are not reputable. Regardless if it hurts or even crushess their business. I am not talking about acts of god or normal everyday problems... I'm talking about serious screw ups like waiting 27 extra days for a product and apparently having a problem with it even when its delivered.
Stand by your service or get the f' out of the market place. simple.

Back