Seriously? Twice in 1 week...

dx3

Registered
Well, I have "supposedly" made 2 deals in 1 week to purchase a Hayabusa. Both times I have told the seller we had a deal. The first I wanted to get it inspected before handing over the money, and the seller was fine with that. He told me no deposit was necessary. He sold it before the shop opened that Tuesday.

Second was a "member of the org" today who I told we had a deal and also told me that I didn't need to give him a deposit that he would hold it for me. 3 hours later I get a text "Bike sold." No apology, no "sorry I didn't stick to my word..."

Is there any F'ing common courtesy left in this world? Is a man's word really worth absolutely nothing these days? People really pi$$ me off :banghead:

Jonny

I know what you mean bud, hard to find someone's word that means anything anymore. Except I usually have it the other way around, if I'm selling something and someone says they want it but is not willing to put up a deposit then I tell them well it's first to bring cash owns it, but if they say they want it and send deposit then it is theirs even if I gave them a deal and someone else comes up and offers more for it. Sorry it's sold. Good luck in your search.

Dont give up, you'll find one soon, or beat the snot out of the next guy that screws ya. Either way, you'll feel better:laugh:

I've had that kinda crap happen and while it's frustrating, it may be helping you out. I missed out on a 70' C10 that I REALLY wanted and was pissed when he sold it out from under me. Only to find out later that everything the seller claimed was pretty much BS and the truck didn't have the 383 engine or alot of little things that add up to alot of coin to buy. I ended up 2 months later finding a cherry 71' C10 for less off of Ebay. Keep on looking.

Jonny , Have you heard anymore from the guy in Olathe , Ks that we talked about ? If you need some help I am sure I could get down there to give it a look for yah !

Well, I have "supposedly" made 2 deals in 1 week to purchase a Hayabusa. Both times I have told the seller we had a deal. The first I wanted to get it inspected before handing over the money, and the seller was fine with that. He told me no deposit was necessary. He sold it before the shop opened that Tuesday.

Second was a "member of the org" today who I told we had a deal and also told me that I didn't need to give him a deposit that he would hold it for me. 3 hours later I get a text "Bike sold." No apology, no "sorry I didn't stick to my word..."

Is there any F'ing common courtesy left in this world? Is a man's word really worth absolutely nothing these days? People really pi$$ me off :banghead:

Jonny

I made a deal with a coworker on a 2003 450 Honda dirt bike. 12 hours after we shook hands he told me he didn't want to sell the bike. 3 days later i see the bike in another coworkers garage... talk about some !@*#!*@ that he pulled. I now tell people if they ask me if i know him, i say " Ya, i know him, he re-!@**@ on deals and is untrustworthy".

I had my Father as a great example. Yes people have really changed. I built the house I'm living in on word and a handshake. Hopefully you'll find something soon.

My Dad use to tell people they had 24 hours and he stuck by his word.

Started another thread about a 2008 B-King, Brand new for 8.5k if your interested check out the link on my other post

Thank you everyone for your responses. I agree, sooner or later the right one will turn up. Until then I will keep couring the internet. :beerchug: I am shocked that as a buyer I am the one getting screwed around - like mentioned, I'm usually the seller getting screwed!

Jonny , Have you heard anymore from the guy in Olathe , Ks that we talked about ? If you need some help I am sure I could get down there to give it a look for yah !

I never got a response back from him - not sure why ??? You know, being that he has it for sale and I showed interest in purchasing it.

Started another thread about a 2008 B-King, Brand new for 8.5k if your interested check out the link on my other post

I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately a B-king isn't really what I am looking for. Thank you though :thumbsup:

Thanks again everyone,
Jonny

Riding season is in full swing and the demand is creeping up, perhaps it is a SELLERS market for a while. I have no doubt in my mind THE BIKE is out there for you, man.

Patience is a virtue, good things come to those who wait :)
P.S. I will keeps my eyes and ears open for a good deal.

I know this doesn't help, but I have seen a couple deals on craigslist here in Raleigh in the past week... one was an '05 2000 miles grey/black for about $7500 (like mine, the best color that year! ************2005 HAYABUSA MINT CONDITION********)
There were some others, but mileage/year or something else wasn't posted in the ad that sends red flags up for me..

GOOD LUCK!

I was taught All we have in this world is our WORD! I have had guys hold stuff for me after they got better offers and I have done the same for others...really in the end these are the people I truly prefer to deal with....the positive thing is the people I don't wont to deal with..I hope they are revealed to me before the dealings take plaxe...look at it as a positive rather than a negative. I want people that I can count on around me.. and in return they can count on me..thus how I Prefer to build relationships in Life....I thank God everything else is removed....I would really rather not deal with those people places or things anyway...thanks and good luck on your search...I am sure you get what you want at the price you want from the person you want. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Jonny

I once tried to buy a HMF Dual Highmount exhaust for my gen 1 off of a member here and even though I posted up the 1st I'll take it, he sold it to one of his buddies through PM, and I had just gone and got a money order, I was really happy I hadn't dropped it in the mail yet... I generally stay away from person-to-person sales on message boards since I came that close to loosing $500 :/

there is an 05LE in Olathe on Ebay for the next 2 days. Not sure if it is the one you were looking at or not.

there is an 05LE in Olathe on Ebay for the next 2 days. Not sure if it is the one you were looking at or not.

LOL - Great minds do think alike. I had messaged him when he first had it listed and he said he wanted $7200-$7500 for it, even though the auction ended without a bid at $6950. When he relisted it I sent him another message and he didn't respond... Maybe I will try again.

Thanks again folks.

Jonny

EDIT - looks he sold it because the auction has been deleted...

Jonny

If you are interested, I have a black and gray GEN I for sale. PM me for details!!

Back