how i hurt my baby

jspin

Registered
i originally purchased my hayabusa to continue my drag racing obsession originally created by my cbr600 about a year ago.  that being said, i happen to live about a mile away from some of the best twisties on the west coast.  anyone who has ridden lake berryessa knows what i speak of.  the more i rode the busa, the less i rode my cbr.  i simply didn't enjoy the power, or lack thereof, that my faithful old cbr produced.  sadly the cbr sat in the garage pretty much full time.  even though the cbr was a much more presice cornver carving machine, the busa got the nod any time time i wanted to take a run around the lake.  and then i lowered the busa, some of you probably know where this is going.....

it all started last weekend after i installed my freshly powder coated rear sets, pegs, etc.  i decided to go on a short 50 mile berryessa run.  this was the first time i had ridden the busa in the twisties after being lowered.  i think i made it to the second or third turn before i started dragging the pegs.  not really a huge deal to me, i've been dragging parts on my bikes for quite some time now.  anyway, i took it easy for the rest of the ride, being concious of my new parts.  all in all , it was a pleasant ride.

i got back to the house and decided to wash bike since i had just murdered about half the northern california butterfly population.  i rinse the bike of and start scrubbing and what do i see?  battle damage.

DSC03569-1.jpg

apparently i wasn't being all that careful after all.  the peg feeler, brake lever, and plastic had road rash.  needless to say, i was furious.  i swore up and down for about half an hour.  after composing myself a little, i started to think about what i could do to resolve the situation.

then it came to me............ new bike time!!  man, i'm smart fella. so i got in my car and headed over to my favorite dealership.  i couldn't have had better timing as someone had just traded in there mint 2006 gsxr1000 on a gold wing; yes, really.  the bike wasn't even on the show room yet since they had to replace the under tail so they could mount a license plate light.  i bought the bike on the spot, and picked up a last night.  yay for me!!

DSC03582.jpg

DSC03583.jpg

i took the bike around berryessa this morning and haven't stopped smiling since.
woot.gif

Congrats on the addition to the stable!! Now let's talk about how you are gonna fix that fairing damage... shall we?!
laugh.gif

seeing those 2 bikes together....I need a cigarett !!!! Don't even worry about that plastic damage...Them thar are battle scars!!!!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

congrats... but i hope the busa doesnt get left in the garage now...

Back