200-mile ride around Berryessa, 2011.05.01

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
Left the house at 8am Sunday and headed towards Lake Berryessa. Was so nice being the only vehicle on the road. The surfaces were a little damp to begin with so no high-speed railing through the twisties until it warmed up.

The lake was pristine
DSC_0171_800x532.jpg

I was having a great time till I went down one road and found it closed by the CHP. Some bicycle thing going on. Silly bicycles, engines make life happier.
DSC_0160_800x532.jpg

I went down another random road and came across this. It was very moving.
DSC_0178_800x532.jpg

Directly across the road from it was this guy fishing. Made everything very surreal for me.
DSC_0180_800x532.jpg

I spent the next several hours just running around 121 & 128 stopping for a snack at the corner store between runs.

On the way out I took 128 to the dam

The Berryessa Dam
DSC_0181.jpg

Below the Berryessa Damn
DSC_0188_800x532.jpg

Then continued all the way out 128 to I-505, then down to Vacaville and home. Got home at 12:30. Wife had just woke up :whistle:

looks like some good riding, and good pics. Lake Berryessa is a nice area. 200 miles is a good day-ride on a busa...

I was able to get in 150 miles on Sat, but on Sun it rained entire day here in DFW...

Don,
Nice lookin Busa you got there, here's a pic of mine in front of Berryessa. Ya there are some really great roads around Berryessa and all the way up to Clear Lake. If you like secluded narrow goat trails you should hit Berryessa Knoxville Rd., I love it but Robert didn't care for it too much. Those roads are great while we still have snow in the Sierra's. We should get together for a group ride sometime in the near future.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/130880-berryessa-beyond.html

385.jpg

Looks like an AwesomeDay of Riding!!! Thanks a Million for the pic share....really makes me miss Cali-Riding!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice pics bro! Thanks for sharing. Makes me kinda home sick. I'm originally from Dixon (8 miles from Vacaville) and used to fish the lake for Black Bass often, with my dad, way back in the 60s. When the road conditions improve, I'll be wanting to hook up with you guys for a day of fun and adventure. Had a couple of memorable rides with Pardini and Bosshound last year and looking forward to a repeat! :beerchug:

Don,
Nice lookin Busa you got there, here's a pic of mine in front of Berryessa. Ya there are some really great roads around Berryessa and all the way up to Clear Lake. If you like secluded narrow goat trails you should hit Berryessa Knoxville Rd., I love it but Robert didn't care for it too much. Those roads are great while we still have snow in the Sierra's. We should get together for a group ride sometime in the near future.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/130880-berryessa-beyond.html

Berryessa Knoxville is where the soldier's memorial marker was. Great little road. I did encounter a sheriff on 2-wheels on the road though. Fortunately I was taking pictures when he went by.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has the fastest color! :) Let's get together this season. I can come over to Sac easy enough. Robert knows some nice roads out there and that restaurant, can't remember what it's called, but the food was great.

Berryessa Knoxville is where the soldier's memorial marker was. Great little road. I did encounter a sheriff on 2-wheels on the road though. Fortunately I was taking pictures when he went by.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has the fastest color! :) Let's get together this season. I can come over to Sac easy enough. Robert knows some nice roads out there and that restaurant, can't remember what it's called, but the food was great.

That would probably be the "Dead Fly Diner" in Plymouth. I too love those hearty country breakfasts before a good long ride.

That would be Denny's. :rofl:

Beautiful shots of the area. Us guys on the east coast can't find roads that are quite the same as those on the west coast. But, we do the best with what we have! Thanks for sharing!!

Nice pics bro! Thanks for sharing. Makes me kinda home sick. I'm originally from Dixon (8 miles from Vacaville) and used to fish the lake for Black Bass often, with my dad, way back in the 60s. When the road conditions improve, I'll be wanting to hook up with you guys for a day of fun and adventure. Had a couple of memorable rides with Pardini and Bosshound last year and looking forward to a repeat! :beerchug:

Hey Old Man. I hear Monitor is open. Maybe get out on it this weekend? There are absolutely no drops of liquid on any part of that road that will spot the Silver Bullet. :whistle:

Back