200 Mile Ride Today

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Took a ride with my youngest son today and it was just a hair under 200 miles. Very nice to get out and we did hit some rain but we detailed them as soon as we returned. Had a great time. Took the Gen I and showed her some love. Stopped to check on El Chapo but they would not let us in. We have a few of the bad boys staying at the rock! Don't ever want to see the inside of this place.

Good choice on color bud and thanks. He and her are doing fine and hated they could not go with us today. They went for a walk instead. Ha Good choice and he did not hit any oil spills. LOL Felt great to ride today but man I'm a tired old man. Good to be home and done for the day... Cognac time to warm my old bones. Hope you had a great weekend.

Your sons 750 is the same color scheme as my 2014 hayabusa . Good looking bikes . Hows your older son , and his lady friend ?

That is the best. Time off and with the wife over great food and doing something you enjoy.

I did Mike . Worked on a few Hayabusa's this weekend , and wife's Bandit . Ate lots of great food , and enjoyed 4 days off from work .

These machine helps keep the sons close to me I think and helps me cope with anxiety and things. My oldest son took his girl for a ride in the 70 Z28 while we were detailing the bikes. We drive it just enough to keep her in great running condition. Approx 37 years I've owned old blue "Z28" and never been wrecked or even a front end alignment. She is still that good... like a little go cart... quick and tight. I love that old car. She is a true numbers matching Z28.

What a great work setup that is , and great collection of machines right there !!

I seriously believe one could have a giant garage and still have the desire to get a bigger one...

Mine is tiny but, when it's snowing or raining, I am dry working on things so it is doing it's job.

I have seen pictures of a few garages on this forum (yours included) which are well set up and make me envious.

I seriously believe one could have a giant garage and still have the desire to get a bigger one...

Mine is tiny but, when it's snowing or raining, I am dry working on things so it is doing it's job.

I have seen pictures of a few garages on this forum (yours included) which are well set up and make me envious.

It's like anything else the larger it is the more you want to fill it up with stuff - and that can be problematic. I still think the cleanliness is something that is distinctly separate.

Nothing wrong with a small garage and as you said.. its doing its job. The year 1987 was spent working in a single car garage on that 1970 Z28 by me and a high school friend. We did a fantastic job pretty much all year as I departed Dec 1987 for the AF. Still amazed at how it turned out over the years. I grew up in Knoxville TN... not far from the Dragon. We had a tin roof to listen to the rain hitting that is the best way to sleep and sitting on that old raggedy wood porch while the bull frogs had an orchestra around the old pond. I'd do it all that way again as it has made me appreciate all I have earned and the quality people I grew up with.

Back