200 mile ride with my new tires

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
Well I got my new Avon Viper Sport AV-59 & AV-60's mounted yesterday thanks to John at Micky Finn's Honda. I put 200 miles on them today. For thos of you wondering what the tread pattern/profile looks like here's a pic of the front.

8_6_200619.jpg

And the rear.

8_6_200618.jpg

My best discription of the way they handle is like gliding on fluid or gliding on ice skates (but with traction). The first 100 miles I took it kind of slow because everyone told me the tires need to break in. The next 100 I let it rip. I got low in some twisties and some good straight line acceleration. This is my first set of new tires as I bought my Busa used so I really don't have anything to compair them to. I can say if they handle as well as they did today and I can get some milage out of them I'll never switch. I have 38 psi in them insted of the 42 that the manufacturer recomends. I thought 42 would be too hard. Anyway so far so good and here are a few pics of my trip today. I went way up to the NW corner of my state and into New York a little ways. The stretch of Rt 7 the runs from Rt 44 to Rt 4 has some nice twisties in addition to some of the nicest scenery in CT. I went back to Mohawk but this time to the sking part. Took a few pics there. Then up 4 to 41 back to 44 then home. All in all a great day.

8_6_20061.jpg

8_6_20068.jpg

8_6_20065.jpg

8_6_20066.jpg

8_6_200617.jpg

8_6_200616.jpg

cool.gif
I like the clock. So would you recommend the tires?
rock.gif
Better yet, would you purchase them again?

What did they run you? I need a set pretty soon and may go with those. Are they dual compound?

HAHAHAha I didnt notice the stop sign in the third pick. We gots to meet up next month when I am in that area. Taking a few weeks off to explore the North East.

What did they run you? I need a set pretty soon and may go with those. Are they dual compound?
$255 shipped - Street & Track came in at $242 shipped but I had already made a committment to someone who has helped me out before and wanted to give them the business. Jinxster was also $255 shipped. Not sure about the duel compound but here's the discription from the Avon website. I bought Sport because I didn't think I'd get any milage from the Supersport's - but I bet they're super sticky. Read Below

AV59
AV60

Viper Sport / Supersport AV59 & AV60
A superb all-round performer designed with the needs of sport bikes in mind, the Sport is a sharp handler, strong gripper, and thanks to its specially formulated silica rubber compound and computer-optimised tread pattern, a marvel in the wet. Its radial carcass is constructed to give excellent stability during full-throttle acceleration and maximum reassurance when your bike’s cranked right over.

HAHAHAha  I didnt notice the stop sign in the third pick.  We gots to meet up next month when I am in that area.  Taking a few weeks off to explore the North East.
Let me know - I'll be away one of the weekends (a Busa-less trip to Jones Beach to see Godsmack)

Nice pics Monster ! I'm about to order a set of 45/46 Avons . I'm looking for more mileage .
cool.gif

Nice pics Monster ! I'm about to order a set of 45/46 Avons . I'm looking for more mileage .
cool.gif
Thank you. One of my buddys thinks I'm gay for taking pics of my rides & the bike lol He wishes he had a Busa and a wife that would let him ride it. Get the Avons. You won't be disappointed. Kevin

Back