Decent trade?

Would you trade?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No! Hayabusa for life! Even with the damage!

Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters

Timz0r

Registered
I am thinking about trading my K9 'Busa for a 2008 CBR 600RR. 'Busa has 12,500km on it while the CBR has 7,500km. My 'Busa was involved in a minor accident that scuffed the cowling, ignition cover, slip-on, foot-peg, mirror and snapped a piece of the clutch lever off. It still works great, though. I've had it out for a few runs this year. The CBR is in flawless shape, with not even a scratch I could see on it. I had my 'Busa appraised at $8,000CDN with the current damage. His CBR is appraised at $7,500.

I've included pictures of both my 'Busa and the CBR. With the current condition of the bikes, even though mine is a year newer and an obviously more expensive bike to begin with, do you guys think it's worth it?

199326l_20.jpeg

66564m_20.jpeg

0443l5i_20.jpeg

7223i10_20.jpeg

2214fcb_20.jpeg

0367a2d_20.jpeg

9244ed_20.jpeg

I should also mention that I was trying to sell the bike with the intent of buying a smaller one. Where I live, there are a lot of twisty roads, and I have the biggest bike BY FAR of the guys I ride with. I want a smaller bike to be able to zip around with them while saving myself from imminent carpal tunnel, lol.

sure you want a 600?? imo i would hold off. get a 04-07 cbr1000rr with decent mods and low miles, be patient someone will trade you what you want. or sell your busa and start shopping. to me a 600 feels anemic, you have to rev the piss out of it to get anything and when it finally pulls its time for another gear.. (i'm 6'2 225lbs so maybe my size has a bit to do with it as well) the guy with the 600 is making out in that trade.

Your not going to like the seat on the 600.
The stock busa seat is better.
I would think a 750 or 1000 myself, but it's your choice.

I would suggest to you to ride a 600 first before making a choice you might regret. I think you would be happier on a 1000cc bike vs a 600cc bike. The 600cc bike you have to rev the piss out of them and no low end.

Like the others have said get a 1000, going from a busa to a 600 you're going to regret the trade almost immediately. After owning a busa you're going to find you'll be screaming the 600 ALL the time to get anything resembling power out of it, and even then its going to feel gutless. Plus the constant shifting and high revs will get VERY annoying VERY quickly. Only reason I would own a 600 would be strictly for a track bike.
1000 all the way for the street :thumbsup:

you cant be serious ??? if anything get a 1000. I started with a 600 and moved up to a busa within 3 months. think it through before you make the move.

Appreciate the opinions, I never thought I'd be considering trading my 'Busa either, trust me. This opportunity just popped up today and I was considering it, that's all. Hence me posting here!

I agree with the others. To me, trading a Busa for a 600 seems like disappointment just waiting to happen. I understand wanting a smaller bike for the handling, but you should hold out for a 1000.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :beerchug:

so u want 2 leave busa land for a 600 hahaha i laugh at u ........ if u leave theirs no coming back ........... lol do what u got do homie but be smart "keep tha busa keep tha busa "

Oh, and I had to abstain from voting in your poll. I understand wanting a quicker handling bike, but not giving up all the power.

Plus... Look at the CBR's colors...
****, I'd buy a CBR right now if you would trade me that sexy ass bike of yours.

Found this post:

Honda2Busa:
I actually found a guy willing to even trade an 09 silver (fastest color) busa for my little 600! I didn't ask any questions I just said sure, I'll trade.

You really need to think again about this one, because it makes no sense. A properly setup Busa will keep up with anything on the street ridden rationally. If you aren't a track guy, there is no better bike out there for general street duty. Is there more to this story? Are you feeling that the Busa is too much bike for you? Learn to ride it and set it up to meet your riding needs and there is no way an old CBR600 is an even trade for a Gen II.

Just my 2 cents......

Back