I need the board's input.

I have an '07 750.  One of the best things about gsxrs is they're easier to work on.  And many of the same tools/parts are used with the busa and the gsxrs.  For example, my 750's oil filter is the same as my busa's.

If you don't work on your own bike, then I would go with comfort first.
Listen to this advice,

I say GSXR all the way, and make some adjustments for your size.

I have an '07 750.  One of the best things about gsxrs is they're easier to work on.  And many of the same tools/parts are used with the busa and the gsxrs.  For example, my 750's oil filter is the same as my busa's.

If you don't work on your own bike, then I would go with comfort first.
Listen to this advice,

I say GSXR all the way, and make some adjustments for your size.
Thanks, That's what I'm hoping for.

I wonder if I need to add a GPR damper. I note the 08 has an electronic damper on board, but Is it enough?

Chris

Ok, so I know 1 of these your not interested in but here we go. I would say a gixxer 750, or Yamaha r-6. I think the r-6 is great track bike, handles curves very nicely.

Well, today is the day. I will be picking her up at around 4.

I have decided on getting the 08 gixxr1k in blue/white. Already added to the insurance which will increase only $25 a month.

I'm wondering if I should spring for the extended warranty. I did for the Busa but in hindsight, I really didn't need it. Hmmm.

I'll post pics tonight.

Thanks again everyone.

Chris

Good choice.. Used sport bikes = real crap shoot... (I would never buy a used hot rod)

Well, today is the day.  I will be picking her up at around 4.

I have decided on getting the 08 gixxr1k in blue/white.  Already added to the insurance which will increase only $25 a month.  

I'm wondering if I should spring for the extended warranty.  I did for the Busa but in hindsight, I really didn't need it.  Hmmm.

I'll post pics tonight.

Thanks again everyone.

Chris
excellent choice!!

Don't worry about trashing your bike at the track. I bought my Gixx new and haven't had problems at the track. Although, I've been pushing it a little harder everytime, I've only had a couple minor lowsides. But that's what raceglass is for.
thumb_up.gif

You won't be disappointed!! Get your suspension/sag/springrates baseline set for your weight and the racetrack. You'll be amazed how razor sharp she takes corners. You'll become an addict!!

I wonder if I need to add a GPR damper.  I note the 08 has an electronic damper on board, but Is it enough?  

Chris
You really don't need an aftermarket damper IMHO. The stock one is more than enough to prevent major tankslappers. You'll still get headshakes, but that'll be cured with more throttle.

Aftermarkets are advantageous in that you can adjust the dampening rate, high speed or low speed, for bumpy vs. smooth tracks. But a little headshake is normal and the chassis needs to correct itself. The new Gixxers are very well balanced that if they lose a little stability, the chassis finds a way to correct the opposing forces.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
NCBusa2001 @ Mar. 09 2008 said:
1332216[/ATTACH] AM]
I wonder if I need to add a GPR damper.  I note the 08 has an electronic damper on board, but Is it enough?  

Chris
You really don't need an aftermarket damper IMHO. The stock one is more than enough to prevent major tankslappers. You'll still get headshakes, but that'll be cured with more throttle.

Aftermarkets are advantageous in that you can adjust the dampening rate, high speed or low speed, for bumpy vs. smooth tracks. But a little headshake is normal and the chassis needs to correct itself. The new Gixxers are very well balanced that if they lose a little stability, the chassis finds a way to correct the opposing forces.
Well I picked her up last night. The tech set the static sag and rebound compression while at the shop. I put 11 miles on her yesterday riding my daughter and wife around the block (so to speak). I will have a chance to ride more today after I get off work.

First impression: Smoooooth shifting, gobs of power and very quick turning. The seat will be the first mod. My rear went numb after about 10 minutes in the saddle.

I'll post pics tonight.

Again, Thanks everyone.
Chris

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I have decided on getting the 08 gixxr1k in blue/white.  Already added to the insurance which will increase only $25 a month.  

I'm wondering if I should spring for the extended warranty.  I did for the Busa but in hindsight, I really didn't need it.  Hmmm.

I'll post pics tonight.

Thanks again everyone.

Chris
um insurance on a a track bike? Seems like an oxymoron. Make sure you tell your insurance agent you plan to take this bike and beat it on the track as much as humanly possible so i can mad at them for insuring you when you wad it.

Sorry to me an assigned track bike is a salvage titled bike with race plastics you use to conquer a track. I would never buy a new bike for such a purpose. I would belooking for a 03+ gix 750 and I am about 15 lbs lighter than you.

nice Chris
beerchug.gif
 you bringing it to the bash too?
Yep. I'll be camping at CROT for the first few days and will be riding it pretty much exclusively. Then I'll break out the busa for the longer group rides once everybody else gets in the area.

I've put only about 100 miles on her and she is a BEAST. Feels as light as the DR-Z, only with 160hp. You can really tell that this bike wasn't designed with public roads in mind.
smile.gif

Can't wait to see ya in a few weeks.

Chris

I'll post pics tonight.

Thanks again everyone.

Chris
um insurance on a a track bike? Seems like an oxymoron. Make sure you tell your insurance agent you plan to take this bike and beat it on the track as much as humanly possible so i can mad at them for insuring you when you wad it.

Sorry to me an assigned track bike is a salvage titled bike with race plastics you use to conquer a track. I would never buy a new bike for such a purpose. I would belooking for a 03+ gix 750 and I am about 15 lbs lighter than you.
The little green lizard would look funny at the track, I agree. Really, though the insurance won't cover it if I wad it at the track. Only covers it if is stolen or backed over in a parking lot. (comprehensive) and Liability.

Chris

Back