I need the board's input.

NCBusa2001

Registered
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Here's my dilemma.

Track season is around the corner and this year I want to scoot on a lighter bike. It's not that the busa isn't a blast on the track. It's just that after the morning session I get pretty wore out from hefting all the weight. With that in mind I'm in the market for a addition to the stable.

I have narrowed the field down to two bikes. The gixxr or the CBR. I have read all the reviews I can stand. However I am still undecided. From what I gather the CBR has the "refined machine" and comfort thing pretty dialed in. The gsxr has that unbridled spirit thing going for it.

I'm interested in what the board has to say, from a Busa perspective.

Chris

U LOOKIN FOR A LITER BIKE OR 600/750??

IF ITS A 600 I WOULD SAY GO WITH THE CBR...

IF ITS A 1K I WOULD DEF GO WITH SUZUKI.

I had a Erion edition 929 and hated it.. Rock hard seat. My Buddy had a Gix 1k '03 model and that thing was sweet..

I would buy a gix 750 or 1k.. Hook up with Don I bet he'd let you check his 750 out..
bowdown.gif

The new Honda 600 is supposed to be pretty incredable. I have a 07 GSXR 750 I have used on the track a lot, and I love it. However, I think the 600 is a better track bike. If you plan on racing, the 600 is in the super sport class and the 750 and the 1K are both in the super bike class. If I had it narrowed down to Honda or Suzuki, I would pick the Suzuki. Thats just my personal preferance.

I should have specified.  I'm looking toward the liter bike b/c I'm a fairly big guy (6'4" 270#).  

I have also been fairly brand loyal to the Zuk's over the years, so that is my knee jerk preference.  I just don't want brand loyality alone to rule my decision .  

Keep em comming.

Chris

Aren't the Hondas V-Fours? I would definately go with the Gixxer!! Easier maintenance, and more knowledge and parts available!!

Never was a fan of the honda's. Much to narrow felling of a bike for me. Plus i never did like the feeling of sitting on top of the bike. Suzuki's or even the Yamaha's feel great to me.
My vote would be for the Zuki's in the 1k cat. and yes go ahead a hate me but i like the Yamaha r6's over the gixxers on the track but on the street again goes to the Zuki's.

get a gsxr 600 or a cbr 600, they have the best aftermarket, its to bad we live far apart my friend has a 2004/5 cbr 600RR set-up for track use and its in very good condition and has the best of everything and to top it off he'd make somebody a great deal

just bought a gsx-r 750 and have not rode it alot yet but i like the way it handle so far..for me i looking to buy a Sv 650 for the track by next year i think

At your size the CBR would fit you better.The bars are closer on the gixxer kinda feels cramped.Well it does to me anyway.Goodluck on what you choose
thumb_up.gif

get a gsxr 600 or a cbr 600, they have the best aftermarket, its to bad we live far apart my friend has a 2004/5 cbr 600RR set-up for track use and its in very good condition and has the best of everything and to top it off he'd make somebody a great deal
thanks. I've thought about getting a 600. There is a plus with a 600, in that if/when I wad it up on the track I wouldn't be crying about the loss of $.

However, my main concern with the 600's is my weight.

On the track I'm probably faster than about 3/4 of the riders in my group. I would hate to bust my rear working my way through the "train" in the tight stuff, only to be blown by on the straight by more motor. I't trying to avoid any additional frustration.

One thing to consider is the amount of available spare parts, so the 750 was out for me. I ended up with the F4i because I got a heck of a deal.

For a litre bike, I would love to have an RC51, although parts are not as available, but for my fat butt, it would be great.

DSC08174.jpg

DSC05716.jpg

you buying a new one Chris?
rock.gif

I'd say get a ride on them and see whats up. The RC51s are nice, I rode my buddies before he wrecked it, damn thing was a blast
cool.gif

Chris,

I have ridden them all. All are so close in performance, so that is really not the issue. As for availability of parts, same way all have spares a plenty.

My suggestion, get thee to a local dealer and see which one you fit on better. We are close to the same weight, however you are a bit taller. The R1 fit me better than any of the others.

You are more than welcome to give mine a try in April....

Back