Hi all! New member here. Currently have a 1998 CBR 900rr, possibly a new Hayabusa...

wick001

Registered
Hello Busa Community!

I currently have a 1998 Honda CBR 900rr. I got a great deal on the bike, it only has 8,000 miles on it and I love it.

However, I am in the market for a new bike. I am 6'2'' 230lbs. I want a brand new bike. I am considering a new 2012 Honda CBR 1000rr vs. 2012 Hayabusa.

I live in Michigan, and my bike would 95% be used riding 30 miles a day round trip to and from work on the freeway. The other 5% would be used for a once every 2 year track day, and Belle Isle Detroit sport riding.

My question is, what would be the best choice?

Re: Hi all! New member here. Currently have a 1998 CBR 900rr, possibly a new Hayabusa

I suspect the commuting aspect will be better on the Hayabusa vs. the Honda. I used to commute 54 miles round trip in Florida, year round. I actually preferred my Busa vs. my Nomad. Comfortable, better fuel efficiency, nimble. Your height may fit the Busa better. If you stated the 95%/5% points opposite, I would say the Honda though. Good luck with the choice regardless.

Re: Hi all! New member here. Currently have a 1998 CBR 900rr, possibly a new Hayabusa

:welcome: id go with the busa. You will find it much better.

Back