Decent trade?

Would you trade?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No! Hayabusa for life! Even with the damage!

Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters
fallenarch said:
Found this post:

Honda2Busa:
A properly setup Busa will keep up with anything on the street ridden rationally.

Just my 2 cents......

Define "rationally"..a Harley Fatboy can keep up with a Busa on the street depending on your definition of rational and the street. A Busa (ridden by a non A group rider) will never stay with me on a liter class bike on the street of my choosing while riding at my perception of rational. I love my bus but it is not a liter bike.

KBB has a bigger price difference than what you are claiming in post one. Seen the CBR's 2008 going from 6500 to 8600 in the cycle trader. If it's what you want go for it but you might be better off selling yours and shopping with cash in hand. May end up with some cash in your pocket after the deal. I am not a fan of the seating ergos of the 600 rr bikes. I am feel awful after a few hr's on them but I am not exactly built for the race riding position.

I voted yes. You will be so happy on that cornering 600. It will make you above happy.
I give you a year, and you will be back on a big bike. Do it. Spend twice, learn twice.

I say YOU ARE CRAZY!!!

If you want a smaller bike great, go for it, buy one......BUT.....DO NOT TRADE STRAIGHT ACROSS for that 600.

That bike isn't worth even close to what your BUSA is worth. Not to mention in a couple years your bike will still be worth $8k and that 600 will struggle to bring $4k-5k.

Hell, put your bike up for sale then go shop for a 600 when it sells. A straight across trade is just ridiculous... :banghead:

Sorry but no. This last memorial day weekend my buddy's and I went to Northen Michigan to ride and camp. Well one day we left the bar to head back to the campsite and I wanted to pick up the paste alittle. Well it was a 15 minute ride to the gas station I stopped at and at every corner I saw less and less of my 3 buddy's. I wasnt dragging knee or anything but I am learning what a busa can finally do. Will it keep up with a smaller bike on a track, no. But it has more then enough to keep up on the street. The 3 other bikes were a gsxr 750 and 2 r1s. I also forgot to mention my ol lady was on the back too.

As others have said, pass on this one. Here's what I'd do ideally (in order)

1) Sell Busa for around $8-9k as is and shop for the right 1000

2) Trade straight across for a perfect condition 1000

3) Trade for that 600 plus at least $2k on his end

A 600 is not a downgrade, it's just a different type of motorcycle. It does a few things better than the busa...if you have the skill to back it up. Heck you may find that a 600cc is the right bike for you...but as much as I love 600's I would not take this deal. It is really easy too find newer 600's in the 5-6K USD range, sometimes lower.

I ride with 600's, 750's and 1000's and i seem to do just fine in the turns with them:whistle: Going from a busa to a 600 hundred is like trading a pitbull for a yorkshire terrier:laugh: After riding a busa a 600 literally looks and feels like a pocketbike:rofl:

Not sure if the deal is done yet, but that looks like a chinese body kit on the cbr, was no factory 600 repsol in 2008.

I should also mention that I was trying to sell the bike with the intent of buying a smaller one. Where I live, there are a lot of twisty roads, and I have the biggest bike BY FAR of the guys I ride with. I want a smaller bike to be able to zip around with them while saving myself from imminent carpal tunnel, lol.

One of these days you might find your friends getting larger rides and you'll have what you wanted, a 600.

Just saying, I wouldn't purchase something on the sole reason that your friends currently have it unless you are prepared to purchase again soon...things change and usually a lot sooner than you expect.

your a sucker if you do the trade.. look at cycle trader and the values.

Like other say sell the busa and buy a 600 if thats what you want.
I bought a 600 about three years ago and I also have a Busa. The 600 I think I may have put 75 miles on it since I bought it. You have to wind the hell out of it to get it going,just isnt fun to me. If your into twisties then get a 1k unless you feel you need a slower bike. The damage to your bike wouldnt cost that much to put back to mint

Honda : CBR in Honda | eBay Motorcycles

Not sure if the deal is done yet, but that looks like a chinese body kit on the cbr, was no factory 600 repsol in 2008.
Thats not5 good that means the bike needs a strip search before buying could be wreck repair

like your opinion counts around here... Mr 14 guy
I agree with the others. To me, trading a Busa for a 600 seems like disappointment just waiting to happen. I understand wanting a smaller bike for the handling, but you should hold out for a 1000.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :beerchug:

All in what you want and you have a good reason to trade, however I bet you will be killing that 600 without realizing it. Busa is 80 in 1st and 600 is about 40 lol. I would try for a little bigger than the 600

Edit: I should also add, my 2007 has a blown engine with 63,000 miles and I would NOT trade it for 2 cbr600's even if they offered me money to boot.

Heck I turned down a guy who wanted to trade my bike for his and he would remodel my house for free (old bike owns a remodeling company). I may be a fool for not taking the deal but I would be sick everytime I walked in to my house because I know what I would have given up for it.

Back