how fast do you ride when with others?

16 tooth and no healer Im at 80-90 on the highway solo, 80-110 with friends for short spurts with no traffic and usually double posted limit in turns in the back roads IF AND ONLY IF I know the road ,road condition, and no traffic. Really close to limits in the city.
Dont ride with groups too much local groups seem to be hardcore sportriders that do 80- 90 in 25mph posted turns in close packs. Little too nutty for me, I gotta make it to work on mondays.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only Busa who takes the last slot in the lineup at times- I often get "you have the fastest bike... why are you always last??"

I always say 'cause I'm the smartest.

BF

GREAT answer, Busafett!
beerchug.gif

I guess I am like most here, more aggressive when I am solo. I get much more protective of a group when I ride and 9 out of 10 times I am running in the back.

Mainly for these reasons:

1) I feel that with the power the busa has it is much easier for me to lessen the accordion effect than the others I ride with.

2) I don't think I have to prove anything to anyone.

3) I don't want to be the guy that others don't trust in the pack. If a situation come up I want the others to be able to deal with it without thinking "crap, where is he? is he going to hit me?"

Plus if I am being a knucklehead and thrash my ride I don't want to take anyone else with me.

(BusaWhipped @ Jul. 15 2007,16:47) The problem with many of the group rides is that the skill levels are too diverse.  Track experienced, street experienced, novice.  They always say ride your own ride.  I've never had a problem having the fastest bike in the group, but riding at the back of the pack, but many people I talk to say they push harder trying to keep up in a group than they would riding alone.

Unfortunately, I've been at too many of these because of it.

http://www.midwestcaferacers.com/phpBB2....tart=60
that is why i prefer to ride with just a few people that i am used to riding with.

Back