When You Ride, How Much Time Do You Spend Actually Riding?

When You Ride How Much Time do you spend actually riding?

• 80-100% Riding

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • 60-79% Riding

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 40-59% Riding

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Less than 40%

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
When you go out for a ride with your buddies, how much of the time do you spend actually riding?

Yeah when i go out to ride I actually want to ride. Not a fan of bike tailgating, theres a time and a place for that but i'd much rather be rolling back on the throttle or dropping into a turn :whistle:

I ride. My last group ride was a little less than 80%, but that was the Hooter Girls fault.

In 2006 I was riding with a group in their late teens , early twenties and they took forever to meet up and stopped every twenty minutes to smoke and BS. I can remember waiting like an hour to start a ride and just as we were about to kick the kick stands up a guy said " I need to get gas " . We had been sitting at a gas station for an hour :laugh:

Usually depends... If we get together to plan a ride we do a lot of riding. But I do a lot of riding to places to eat and what not with friends.

It depends on the size of the group, and whether we all have radios. Smaller groups tend to stay on the road more because there aren't as many people that need gas, pee breaks, etc at different times. Also, with the radios we are able to have good conversation while riding instead of having to stop somewhere. An average summer or fall ride for us is probably 250-350 miles.

The groups that I have rode with in the past usually take a few short breaks and a lunch stop on the average Saturday morning loops. Smoke 'em if you got 'em, quick trip to the bathroom (tree), and a few swigs on a water bottle things. Lunch is BS while waiting on our food, eat, and off again. Most everybody is there to ride.

The groups that I have rode with in the past usually take a few short breaks and a lunch stop on the average Saturday morning loops. Smoke 'em if you got 'em, quick trip to the bathroom (tree), and a few swigs on a water bottle things. Lunch is BS while waiting on our food, eat, and off again. Most everybody is there to ride.

This is pretty much our style of riding. BS at lunch but otherwise hitting the twisties.

Depends on how hot it is usually. If its real hot I like to stop every 50 miles or so and have a water break why not if I'm out riding I'm in no hurry. And also if my gf is with me we usually stop more often so she can stretch her legs

Just got back from a group canyon ride. Started at 9:30AM and ended at 2:30PM We took a 10 min bathroom break and also stopped an hour for lunch. That's typical for the rides that I go on.

It depends on the size of the group, and whether we all have radios. Smaller groups tend to stay on the road more because there aren't as many people that need gas, pee breaks, etc at different times. Also, with the radios we are able to have good conversation while riding instead of having to stop somewhere. An average summer or fall ride for us is probably 250-350 miles.

I don't know how people ride without radios.:thumbsup:

i prefer riding with the more seasoned groups because there is more riding and less shenannigans :thumbsup:. i may be young but i dont like the showing off i like a leisurely long ride with lots of twisties. when im alone i ride 95% when im with others its close to 50 to 60% depending on the crowd. the cruiser guys around town tend to be fun to ride with they know the good routes and rides for an enjoyable day out :thumbsup:

I don't know how people ride without radios.:thumbsup:
I guess thats true cause I never drive my car without listening to the radio and I drive pretty fast and have never crashed so I think its quite possible to listen to tunes and ride alert. I might have to give that a shot in the summer time.

my helmut is pretty noisy tho. flows a lot of air but noisy.

most of the time I ride solo and if/when I do, I am on a very strict schedule (gas, pee and chow breaks are all timed and kept to a minimum) so I am guessing 90% riding :)

It depends on the day and which friends I'm riding with. I work alot so when we do find the time to ride together its alot of BSing and just hanging out. If the ol lady is having friends over then the stops become longer and I try to make it last :rofl:

when i ride alone just about 100% stop for fuel and water.

when I ride with my sportbike friends about 80%

when I ride with my cruiser buddies less than 40 %

go figure :laugh:

Back