Advice about freeway riding?

1EXOCET

Registered
Hello,
I know its kinda stupid question.
1) if im going on speed limit, everyone's passing me which is kinda scary.
2) If im riding in the fast lane and staying within speed like, people
start to push me (Scary too).
What do i do? I don't want to go over limit cause u know.

Thanks in advance for the Advice!!!!!!!!!!!!

No i dont know but get in the right lane.Most cagers hate the right lane any way.Funny thing i've noticed about cagers on the hi way.When a bike gos the speed limit,they see him as a victim,when he rides like a demon,he's nuts give him lots of room.You're mission if you choose to except it,is to find the middle ground.This way they cant tell if your mellow or a nut on a break. lol

My advice is keep up at traffic speed, but ALWYAS keep a 4-5 second gap in FRONT of you. Also your bike might be telling the wrong speed on the speedometer, like most do. My busa is about 10mph slow at 65ish... so I do 75 indicated and thats just keeping up with traffic. Bottom line, ride however it makes YOU safest.

Another option is to open the trottle wide and weave in and out of traffic gaps cuz life is really just a video game with one life and you might as well score as many points as possible.

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078579383 -->

Actually I think it's a good question, and I expect you'll get lots of answers.

An old biker friend of mine said, When you buy that bike you buy the fast lane too.  

I pass traffic all the time.  Not always fast, but always passing.  I tried to do the speed limit but cars come up too close too fast and change lanes around you.  Very Dangerous!  If I'm in the fast lane and a car is coming up fast I'll either go faster or pull over and let them pass.  If you stay behind a car, then a car will come behind you and follow you too closely.  It's work sometimes keeping a distance between you and the cars and trying to be safe.  Sometimes you have to go fast to avoid being hit.  Don't stay next to cars either, they change lanes quickly without looking.  You have to keep your eyes open for the CHP.  You can't relax, you have to be in the right place, watching the cars around you, coming up behind you, slowing down in front of you, coming onto the freeway, getting off. I hope that helps.

yea, ridr however it kakes you feel safest.
As for myself, very seldom does anyone ever pass me on the interstate, I feel more in control if I,m riding a few miles over the speed limit,
wink.gif

Extra to what lane to use.
Cagers pulling into your lane cause they didn't see you.
Cagers making quick changes into your lane cause of stopped traffic, merging, or ermegency. Trouble can start a few lanes over. Can only be extra alert in these situations.
Followed a Yamaha F4i at night on the freeway. She was tail gating a cager. I'll be damn if the bike disappeared. The one tail light blended in with that cage. The bike headlights mostly lighting up the cager infront, wasn't showing any indication a bike was there. Damndest thing, you know a bike is right there and can't see it, even from hundred feet away. Moral of the story, don't tail gate at night.

Back