Need Brake Pad advice

Dola225

Registered
Hello Fellow riders,

I have a 04 Hayabusa and it's time for some new brake pads. Me being a newbie and all I would like to hear your opinions on which to get and if so where for a fair price.

Thank you all in advance for your opinions and advice.

RIDE SAFE

Laylas_Mom

Registered
Hello Fellow riders,

I have a 04 Hayabusa and it's time for some new brake pads. Me being a newbie and all I would like to hear your opinions on which to get and if so where for a fair price.

Thank you all in advance for your opinions and advice.

RIDE SAFE
I am having someone teach me how to do the brakes on my 04 tonight. Changing the spark plugs as well.

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
I have ran the EBC HHs for a while now, street and track and I have now..... warped two sets of stock rotors.
Not saying that the pads (heat and tons of bite) did the warping but I'd stick with stock pads from Suzy unless you are going to be doing track oriented riding, and if you are tracking, get Galfer rotors too!

TruWrecks

Banned
The HH pads will generate too much heat for factory rotors. They are also serious overkill for street riding. Go with OEM unless you want to be required to upgrade the rotors too.
Posted via Mobile Device

The HH pads will generate too much heat for factory rotors. They are also serious overkill for street riding. Go with OEM unless you want to be required to upgrade the rotors too.
Posted via Mobile Device

+1000000000

upgrade your master cylinder which will give more pressure easily and use the stock 188 pads.

If your bike is over 3 years old, consider replacement or upgrading of your stock lines...
brand new rubber lines perform pretty close to ss lines but that degrades with age.

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Yep, HH pads will warp your rotors if you ride hard. Been there, done that.

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
either stock pads or galfer GG. stay away from the HH on stock rotors, warped mine too. and believe me, a brake pulsation comin off 180 ain't no fun; needless to say, i haven't been ther in awhile:laugh:

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
EBC HH pads and braided lines for me. 11,000 miles on 'em, no warped rotors, no problems. Guess I don't use my brakes enough.
What's the old Sprint car saying?.. "Brakes are for p***ies".:laugh:

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
I am getting my parts from cycle gear but my boys are coming out to the house to teach me how to do it all by myself.
my boys? soon we will be hearing about a new "church" of Layla's riseing up in Fl and on the news for corruption and for profit. using all oiled up men performing dirty jobs. preach it sister!!

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Go do a track day. Your rotors will not be happy. :laugh:
Much as I'd love to.. it ain't happenin' in the foreseeable future.
Nearest race track is 240 miles away. 480 mile round trip in a Mitsubishi mini truck with a track day in the middle is too much for an old guy.:banghead:

So for the street, great brakes and no rotor problems.:thumbsup:

Laylas_Mom

Registered
Well! My brakes were good. Had greater than 50% life. I guess I picked up a rock some how and that is why they were squeeking. Took them off and just put them back on. No more squeeking. Yay.

Laylas_Mom

Registered
my boys? soon we will be hearing about a new "church" of Layla's riseing up in Fl and on the news for corruption and for profit. using all oiled up men performing dirty jobs. preach it sister!!
hahaha. I have about 10 guys I ride with regularly, 2-3 days a week.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Uneven Brake Pad Wear - Need Some Advice Busa problems 37
SSGT_B Need Help... GSXR 1K Tail Swap Brake Light Appearance mods 3
B Need Favor If Somebody Has A Junk Front Brake Rotor. General Bike Related Topics 0
rubbersidedown I Need A Set Of Stock Levers Clutch/brake General Bike Related Topics 10
T Need some brake advice General Bike Related Topics 15
BusaBaker Need Help with Rear Brake Adjustment General Bike Related Topics 8
Salty Need Info on Brake Caliper Bolts Gen II Busa Information 5
bigron Help with brake upgrade ! What all do i need to buy for that brembo set-up. Gen II Busa Information 2
E Need some help finding a better rear brake mc General Bike Related Topics 5
B Rad +6 how lond of rear brake line do I need? Gen II Busa Information 4
G Extensions / Brake line question Need advice Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 11
JINKSTER Hey! Need a lil "Rear Brake Help" here...pretty please?... General Bike Related Topics 22
M How long do I need my brake/clutch lines to be with an LSL handlebar kit? (gen 1) Busa Mods 6
PaLVBusa Changing Brake Lines - Need Advice Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 12
S Need a stock brake light (Gen2) Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 0
coreywiley Need help removing brake line from front fender Random Thoughts 11
M i need an answer quick about my rear brake light Gen II Busa Information 16
IG. Need help chosing an aftermarket brake lever General Bike Related Topics 32
brandont70 Need help getting brake lever apart General Bike Related Topics 7
bigbadboy Need some help choosing brake parts Gen II Busa Information 7
redkat05 Installing indexed muzzle brake: need advice Random Thoughts 4
vmaxbaby ** Need Help With Rear Brake Pedal & Shifter ** Gen II Busa Information 4
SpeedAdict Sponsors Need Brake parts please General Bike Related Topics 2
HayabusaLTD Rear Brake Caliper/Pads - Scary Post - Need Help Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 19
BoricuaBusa33 Installing SS Brake Lines, Messed up & need Help... General Bike Related Topics 18
thelakeshow2k need your opinion on auxillary brake lights General Bike Related Topics 7
D Need SS brake lines Twisties 6
Aquaman Need copper brake crush washers General Bike Related Topics 17
Wallie Need help changing the back brake pads General Bike Related Topics 13
coreywiley Do I need to bleed my brakes if I switch out my foot brake? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 2
kairles Need brake reservoir mount/ Brake line ?? General Bike Related Topics 0
Vigosama Need a brake lever, General Bike Related Topics 6
ozz need new front brake pads General Bike Related Topics 4
Z Need help with rear brake General Bike Related Topics 6
TKTM8KR Need help with brake mods General Bike Related Topics 6
L Brake problem, need help General Bike Related Topics 4
Jace Need Brake lines General Bike Related Topics 6
michael parris heuberger Hi. I need some clutch parts. Wanted 4
C I need help! (idle issue on my 04) Busa problems 15
rubbersidedown Mirrors/easy to see outa/you need lightweight/good looks/etc Appearance mods 32
shade Need bracket ideas General Bike Related Topics 12
shade Front fender bolts - need thread pitch and length General Bike Related Topics 4
rubbersidedown Rubb need hep Random Thoughts 13
gurrera You need a LOL today Random Thoughts 2
I i need an intank fuel pump!! General Bike Related Topics 11
J What all do I need to change to use a gen 1 swingarm on a gen 2? Gen II Busa Information 13
N Do I need Road 5 GT? compare to Road 5 General Bike Related Topics 24
M anyone good with led repairs..I have libertek diamond leds...need led repairing help Electrical Mods 1
B I need to ask u 1st gen vs 2nd gen exh header General Bike Related Topics 1
rubbersidedown Need help from my private investigators...Hayabuser,etc.... Random Thoughts 1