Need Brake Pad advice

Dola225

Registered
Hello Fellow riders,

I have a 04 Hayabusa and it's time for some new brake pads. Me being a newbie and all I would like to hear your opinions on which to get and if so where for a fair price.

Thank you all in advance for your opinions and advice.

RIDE SAFE

Hello Fellow riders,

I have a 04 Hayabusa and it's time for some new brake pads. Me being a newbie and all I would like to hear your opinions on which to get and if so where for a fair price.

Thank you all in advance for your opinions and advice.

RIDE SAFE

I am having someone teach me how to do the brakes on my 04 tonight. Changing the spark plugs as well.

I have ran the EBC HHs for a while now, street and track and I have now..... warped two sets of stock rotors.
Not saying that the pads (heat and tons of bite) did the warping but I'd stick with stock pads from Suzy unless you are going to be doing track oriented riding, and if you are tracking, get Galfer rotors too!

The HH pads will generate too much heat for factory rotors. They are also serious overkill for street riding. Go with OEM unless you want to be required to upgrade the rotors too.
Posted via Mobile Device

The HH pads will generate too much heat for factory rotors. They are also serious overkill for street riding. Go with OEM unless you want to be required to upgrade the rotors too.
Posted via Mobile Device

+1000000000

upgrade your master cylinder which will give more pressure easily and use the stock 188 pads.

If your bike is over 3 years old, consider replacement or upgrading of your stock lines...
brand new rubber lines perform pretty close to ss lines but that degrades with age.

Yep, HH pads will warp your rotors if you ride hard. Been there, done that.

either stock pads or galfer GG. stay away from the HH on stock rotors, warped mine too. and believe me, a brake pulsation comin off 180 ain't no fun; needless to say, i haven't been ther in awhile:laugh:

EBC HH pads and braided lines for me. 11,000 miles on 'em, no warped rotors, no problems. Guess I don't use my brakes enough.
What's the old Sprint car saying?.. "Brakes are for p***ies".:laugh:

Last edited:
I have a front-rear set for Galfer HH pads in stock if you opt for that route. Can ship them Monday.

I've used HH pads as long as I can remember, and never any problems. No trackdays for me, just a lot of riding. :laugh:

Have a set of NGK Iridium plugs too if you need a set. EZ Buy now for those I got around to setting up here. I've got too change mine too with these.

Buy Now: Hayabusa Parts & Accessories, Modify Suzuki Busa | Pashnit Moto

I am getting my parts from cycle gear but my boys are coming out to the house to teach me how to do it all by myself.

my boys? soon we will be hearing about a new "church" of Layla's riseing up in Fl and on the news for corruption and for profit. using all oiled up men performing dirty jobs. preach it sister!!

Go do a track day. Your rotors will not be happy. :laugh:

Much as I'd love to.. it ain't happenin' in the foreseeable future.
Nearest race track is 240 miles away. 480 mile round trip in a Mitsubishi mini truck with a track day in the middle is too much for an old guy.:banghead:

So for the street, great brakes and no rotor problems.:thumbsup:

Well! My brakes were good. Had greater than 50% life. I guess I picked up a rock some how and that is why they were squeeking. Took them off and just put them back on. No more squeeking. Yay.

my boys? soon we will be hearing about a new "church" of Layla's riseing up in Fl and on the news for corruption and for profit. using all oiled up men performing dirty jobs. preach it sister!!

hahaha. I have about 10 guys I ride with regularly, 2-3 days a week.

Back