BIG OR small problem.

HERO TANK

Registered
Hello family. ok at first i notice the busa would jerk if i get on it kinda hard in first and 2nd gear, i thaught it might be the sprocket, i checked the back sprocket it was fine the teeth are still like new, ok then i thaught it could be the tranny, im really lost now because me and a few friends went for a ride yesterday kinda fast on the freeway my bike would'nt go over 120, 130,mph it felt like a governor kicked in or something but i know thats not the case it did it in every gear, plz tell me family what could it be? thanks and GOD BLESS.

What year how many miles, any mods ie power commander?

Might be a slipping clutch. Do a search on slipping clutch. One member had similar symptoms and took his video camera for a ride and it shows the classic slipping clutch.
If your bike is acting the same there is your answer. I would post the link bit I am on my cell phone.

If it is a clutch don't freak out with a little mechanical know how you can replace it quickly. Or have a shop do it.
tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

2002, IT HAS 8600 MILES. NO MODS just some d&d slip ons
What year how many miles, any mods ie power commander?

Might be a slipping clutch. Do a search on slipping clutch. One member had similar symptoms and took his video camera for a ride and it shows the classic slipping clutch.
If your bike is acting the same there is your answer. I would post the link bit I am on my cell phone.

If it is a clutch don't freak out with a little mechanical know how you can replace it quickly. Or have a shop do it.
tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

sounds like a fuel or miss fire to me ?

does it go funny at say 4000-5000 rpm and feel like its spluttering?

it may be a blocked fuel filter or an blocked tank breather ?

could be a sign the reg rec are on the way out ? hows your battery does it start well ?

can you describe it better as if it was a slipping clutch it should still go flat out in 2nd 3rd etc but not in top the rpm would rise but not the speed ?

ok it jerks in first and 2nd like the sprocket slips at high rpm it does'nt pull just dies down as if i hit the breaks slightly. the rpm does rise but hesitate's it does'nt speed.

as i said it sounds like a miss fire and that's what i think your describing bud

are you able to fix that or do you have a mate that knows his stuff as you need to check a few things to narrow it down.

cant really tell on the net as it could be a number of things and hopefully just a simple issue

hth

when i find out what it is, ill probably fix it myself lol, the ORG. family helped me build my baby from scratch. i hope it is simple.

What's your idle set at ? Low idle can cause an early limit. If the idle is set at 1150+ I'm thinking fuel filter, fuel, or fuel pump.

I had this really annoying drop in accelleration and it felt like it had no power at high end... Then the fat chick i was giving a ride to fell off.... All better now!!!

easy way to tell if its the tranny.
find a long stretch of deserted road. start out slowly in first gear. about 2500 rpms, pin it. shift through 2nd and 3rd like you are drag racing. if it bucks and jerks in 2nd(more as the rpms rise) its the tranny.

ok i change the filter and cleaned the pump man it was bad looked like someone stuffed chocolate cake in there. when i finnished it runs alot better it doesnt hesitate at all now but it still jerks in first and second. can it be my wheel bearrings in the rear wheel
What's your idle set at ? Low idle can cause an early limit. If the idle is set at 1150+ I'm thinking fuel filter, fuel, or fuel pump.

hmm, i was gonna say fuel..but it looks like you did that already.

how old your chain? if you have a chain that is beginning to seize a link you will notice it at slower speeds, and it may smooth as you get faster.

how do your plugs look? (i don't think it's plugs, but figgured i'd ask. )

just did the plugs a few months ago.
hmm, i was gonna say fuel..but it looks like you did that already.

how old your chain? if you have a chain that is beginning to seize a link you will notice it at slower speeds, and it may smooth as you get faster.

how do your plugs look? (i don't think it's plugs, but figgured i'd ask. )

Back