How far do you ride?

motogp08

Registered
Just wanting a general consensus on how far/often you guys ride... "YOUR BUSA's,"

and... How many of you guys RIDE your bikes to the bash. "Without a follow truck/trailer, without another cage of any kind. Just YOU and any other bikers you may ride with."

Thanks guys!
beerchug.gif

Thats a good question. If I got paid to ride my "busa" I would not get off it.... I ride as much as possible.. around work and wife and kids.... I did ride all weekend. We left out saturday night at 7:30pm and returned home at 9:00pm sunday. We rode to Panama City, fl. and all around. At the end of our ride I put 599.6 miles on the bike. It was a great time.

I don't do long distances these days... by the way, less than 100 mi round trips about all I do...I used to go 800~1000mi trip with gas station breaks only...not anymore...getting too risky and danger...
all_coholic.gif

(hydrabusa @ Mar. 26 2007,23:13) I don't do long distances these days... by the way, less than 100 mi round trips about all I do...I used to go 800~1000mi trip with gas station breaks only...not anymore...getting too risky and danger...
all_coholic.gif
Is you bike falling apart? j/k Why is it more danger to go on a longer trip? You can get killed/hurt anywhere.......

(spikedoutbusa @ Mar. 26 2007,21:26)
(hydrabusa @ Mar. 26 2007,23:13) I don't do long distances these days... by the way, less than 100 mi round trips about all I do...I used to go 800~1000mi trip with gas station breaks only...not anymore...getting too risky and danger...
all_coholic.gif
Is you bike falling apart? j/k Why is it more danger to go on a longer trip? You can get killed/hurt anywhere.......
+1
rock.gif

Last Saturday, KOKLOL and me along with 2 other riders put over 200 miles on the bikes mostly in the twisties. Normally, if I am out for the day, you can count on at least 150 miles minimum.

Ride009.jpg

I ride 24/7.  If the roads don't have (much) ice on them and the wife/child are otherwise occupied I'm on my bike.

My friends all think I'm nuts, and call me Jacques Cousteau, but they are all coffee house bikers and a bunch of sissies in my mind.

"OOOOOhh, it's too cold".   "OOOOhhh, I'm tired".  "Oooh, I need an oil change".  "OOOOH lets stop and get another coffe and show off our bikes to people....."

What a crock of ****.

My kingdom for a proper riding buddy and more time to ride

Independent Property Damage Appraiser. My company vehicle is a 2005' Hayabusa. I've traveled as far North as Redding CA, and as far South as Fresno, CA starting out in South San Francisco, CA and returning back home.
Best job I've ever had.

its 10 miles to work

on the weekends if i stick close to home and just do twisties i will do about 250/300 miles

sometimes i take a few days off from work and head up to oregon to stay with friends round trip is 1000 miles

the most miles in one day is around 600 and some change

thats my story and im stick'in to it
smile.gif

20 mile commute to work daily on the weekdays. Private tutoring after work most days, so that's another 25 miles to the grind. It's always fun and never a hassle.

all season rider to work and play. winter time driving is conservative (700 mi per month). less aggresive less cornering.

warmer weather, more speed and corners. (jumps up to maybe 1200 mi + per month)

Not a lot of miles, but then add in a few national tours and long distance weekend tours, and it hits about 14,000 mi per year.

IMG_0264.jpg

Last year, my Busa didn't see a trailer. I rode from Missouri to Arkansas twice and from Missouri to the Gap once. All but one of the AR trips was alone with no other bikes or chase vehicles. I rode over 15,000 on the Busa last year. This year I'm trailering to the events. Wearing out back tires on the slab all day with the cruse control on just isn't that much fun.

60 miles to work and about 100 home. I try to ride as often as possible. I do less cold weather riding now but I have been known to leave the house when it is 27 only because it is suppose to climb to 45 deg in the afternoon. I ride weekends with my Son and we mostly do twisties but occasionally hook up with some cruisers for coffee. I don't like to ride in large groups to much anymore only because I've seen some pretty stupid stuff and don't feel like getting nailed by a want-a-be. Didn't get much riding in last season do to a shoulder and wrist injury. Average about 12,000 miles per year.
beerchug.gif

busa1.jpg

(little @ Mar. 26 2007,21:54) I ride 24/7.  If the roads don't have (much) ice on them and the wife/child are otherwise occupied I'm on my bike.

My friends all think I'm nuts, and call me Jacques Cousteau, but they are all coffee house bikers and a bunch of sissies in my mind.

"OOOOOhh, it's too cold".   "OOOOhhh, I'm tired".  "Oooh, I need an oil change".  "OOOOH lets stop and get another coffe and show off our bikes to people....."

What a crock of ****.

My kingdom for a proper riding buddy and more time to ride
Waaaaaaaaa...hhhaaaaaaaaaa..... I knew it. There IS someone who hates stopping for anything !!!!
super.gif

Honestly, back to the thread, I ride daily. My busa is the only transportation I have currently, except for my Cannondale R1000. I ride both daily, and my roundtrip to work is about 30 miles, heck I ride that on the Cannondale daily too, just takes a bit longer.......
super.gif

super.gif

I ride daily to work 60 miles round tripe , 150 twisties on weekend .And if everything goes right me and two freinds are heading to Keywest in the morning should be around 3000 in four to five days .

I have several bikes, rode about 30K last year, most of them on my Busa, mostly alone.

My good buddy MadRussian lives 1054 miles from me, I do it in one day, a couple times a year.

If we go on a twisty ride, it's about a 250 mile trip. If we are just running around, it's 50 miles or so.

We try to ride every weekend, but sometimes that doesn't happen.

I don't ride mine to work, as the road I travel has 3 of the top 10 most dangerous intersections in Florida
crazy.gif
. Heck, I'm scared to even take my cage to work some days.
laugh.gif

Back