Test ride

uhhhh no test ride... quickly eliminated the zx-14 due to how BUTT UGLY it is... from there i was on a mission for color specific.. negotiated price...waited for it to come in.. bank had money waiting when it did. still have to wipe drool of in middle of night while sleeping and "test rideing" her uhhh wait.... that dont sound right...lol

:rofl:

I didn't get to test drive. Went by reviews and opinions of many.

However, you have to like the look of your bike to begin with.

Seems any bike I've ever been interested in a friend has had one for me to ride. No test rides from dealers around my neck of the woods.

My local dealer allows test rides. It seems to work quite well to seal the deal.

Here in Sydney, Australia the dealers let me ride the demo busas without even asking my riding experience. Just photocopied my licence and go....

Very suprising at the time.

No test ride. I let the guy drive it on the trailer too. The last thing I wanted was to mess up the buying experience.

test road mine. Baught it used from a 20 year old, 3 years ago. Made him nervous when I asked too many questions he couldn't answer, and went over it with fine tooth comb. But everything was good.

Its a Busa, what are ya gonna figure out on a test ride that you dont already know? Sit on it an the dealer and make sure you can reach the bars:laugh:, then buy it!!

Nope, Not here....but back in july when i was in Australia, before going to phillip island, my buddy and I spent a a whole day test driving bikes...had no idea until walked into a KTM dealer to look at the RC8 and noticed all the bikes were new models but USED, when asked why the salesmen calmly said..ohh they our test drivers mate...I extremely confused, replied WHAT....then i went and wiped my frontal pant area...we spent the whole day going around riding test bikes.....it would be good if they did the same here.

I did a test ride. My buddy held the cash and stayed with the seller, so I took it out for about 10 minutes. Had to make myself turn around and come back:laugh:

Bought my 07 and 09 new so I did not get to test drive either. My 07 was a bit of a surprise since it was my first super bike. :laugh:

I test rode my 'Busa before buying it...ditto for my VTX. I test rode a VRod at Harley dealership recently - had to sign a waiver and leave a photocopy of my license. Ditto a VTX 1800 at a local Honda dealer. Test rides have not been an issue for me as a buyer. However, I would only permit a test drive as a seller if the potential buyer left me a deposit equal to the price.

CW

No test ride. I knew what I wanted before going to the dealership.
The only decision was the color. Blue or white. I picked the faster one.:laugh:

No test ride for me in Western PA. Don't know of any dealer who allows this. But I knew the praises of the Hayabusa and sat on several to make sure it was comfortable. I was interested in the Ducati 1098 and when I asked on the phone the dealer was reluctant to agree to even let me sit on it. I draw the line at that. If I can't gauge the comfort factor I'm not buying.

Back