How far do you ride?

Average weekly or bi-weekly trip of 150 to 200 miles. Then of course there are rallys I go on which are alot more (generally a total of 2500 miles in a 4 or 5 day period). And yes, generally my wife (if she goes) takes the car. In May I plan on going to the Eurika Springs Meet N Greet. And now, I'am not sure whether or not I'll take the bike because my wife wants to go on a trip from there (She does not ride or wants to ride - For her it's just - and ONLY My thing) .
beerchug.gif

I'd ride it everywhere everyday if I could, but it's not the best "kid carrier/grocery getter" no matter how much I try to think that it is
laugh.gif
That's why the Mustang's got so many miles
biggrin.gif

I rode last year to the Bash...600+ miles just to get there in a single day. It was tiring, but I wouldn't change it for anything
smile.gif
We'll ride again this year; hubby's got this thing against trailering bikes LOL

Longest day of riding had to be the trip to the bash last year, but before that, I thought a 14 hour day of riding, few stops was a long one
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

On average I do 150-200 mile days. At the bash last year I did 1000 in two days. I don't ride to the bash cause it is to far to ride and then realy enjoy the weekend. It is not the ride there that bothers me it is the ride home after riding hard all weekend.

On average I do 150-200 mile days. At the bash last year I did 1000 in two days. I don't ride to the bash cause it is to far to ride and then realy enjoy the weekend. It is not the ride there that bothers me it is the ride home after riding hard all weekend.

everyday to work (20 min). Almost every weekend. On average we hit around 300 miles on saturdays. I do plan on ride'n to the bash. I'll have some backup a phone call away. It's another guy going, but want to trailer his. *wimp* lol

I try and ride all year. Here in N.C. it's almost possible. You end up with about 2 weeks down time.

I've got a couple of homeboys who don't ride when it's cold. I don't understand it either, but hey...... I love to ride..

Minimum riding is 20 miles to work and 20-30 miles home. Other than that I take a few jaunts up to 50-100 miles but nothing extreme. Waiting fro the wife to catch up and then the long trips will commence.

As long as it isn't raining hard then I am riding year round. The exception? Unlike the above hardcore poster I have been too tired, too sore, too "out of it" to ride. Those are the days when rider maturity takes over and tells you to take the cage into work. I would rather miss one day of riding then never be able to ride again.

usaully 50- 150 miles shots outside of town. I have goen from Des Moines, IA to Pheonix AZ and back, and also from DSM to Denver. The longer trips are more pain on the body - I'm sure there are more comfortable touring bikes, but it sure is fun!

Yeah I put on about 12,000 a year, I commute to work 9 miles each way and then and fun after work and on weekends. I am trying to take longer trips. Have fun, the season is here!

I ride daily to work 30 mi. round trip of back roads with some nice curves. If its pouring rain or below 30 deg. ,I take the truck. Light rain is ok, tho. I take an occasional weekend of 150 - 300 mi. - nothing too far. And have never ridden in groups.
biggrin.gif

super.gif

DSC00593.JPG

Back