How far can you lean?

If you look closely you will see an extra hole at the bottom of the plastics. :D One to match on the other side :D :banghead::banghead::banghead:

KRS_6763.jpg

Hey RugMan, I had no idea they put number plates on those Water Buffalo. Just a ring in the nose and a rope, no? :laugh:

I'm sure they had camera's in South Africa in the seventies. We would all enjoy a photo or two of your early life in your native country.

My favorite picture so far. though I have a few that are mid blink that would make it appear I have my eyes closed and praying that I make it. Instruction is one of the best things you can do for yourself. A stock motorcycle properly maintained is a great starting tool. Though without a doubt some proper suspension modification can be a significant safety improvement. Friday will my my first track day with non stock suspension. I hope it was worth every penny, on the road of all places I have to say there is a dramatic difference for the positive.

20bbd6f4.jpg

If you couldn't out-ride your stock suspension aftermarket suspension will do little if anything to improve your skill. Skill cannot be purchased it must be earned.

Shyte, all that ain't nothing.

Put enough Jim Beam in me and I can lean over at 90* and I dont even need a motorbike to do that.

cheers
ken

If you couldn't out-ride your stock suspension aftermarket suspension will do little if anything to improve your skill. Skill cannot be purchased it must be earned.

You are correct. Changing hardware will not improve skills of any kind. It may improve my safety margin, that's all I want. In reality, nobody out rides their suspension, But you can only expect so much for improperly matched springs to total package weight and valving does make a difference in available traction. It's weird though how different components can have a placebo effect of their own. I'm just hoping for same if not better tire wear and a little less wiggle under heavy braking that I believe was due to bottoming out the stock springs. lighter brake application would have helped there too.

As a street rider I've been anti suspension, and tire warmers for years while at the track. Though I could have used a re-spring when I got the bike I choose to ride it stock for a few years. This winter when doing it I bought a race tech suspension book and got a great deal on some used components. So why not, it's just money. I want to see if I'm now relaxed enough as a rider to truly feel the difference. My first ride on the street makes me believe I can and do feel a difference. We'll see what happens on Friday. I only get one session without customers for the day, no need to light the world on fire, I'm just hoping to find a groove and be a little more comfortable in a few specific areas. Someday I'd like to try BST's too. They won't make me better either, but again, may help my safety by making the total package more efficient.

I still can't bring myself to use tire warmers, I just don't care about the first 4 laps that bad, I can wait for a little heat to happen.

Back