how far can you ride with a passanger and still have fun?

TommyGunn1300

Registered
Curious as to how far everyone has rode with a passager? do you get use to it? I think the most i've rode is 100 miles in one day with someone on the back. Reason i ask is because the GF is begging me to let her come to daytona with me. its 560 miles one day and i'm riding it straight only stopping for gas and food. i can do it by myself no problem at all. i'm just worried having her on the back for that long will SUCK. We did 400 mile days, 5 days in a row on a Street glide but that is nowhere near the same. also, how would we carry stuff? its going to be cold when we leave NC and warm when we get close to FL.

Any ideas? Or should i just go by myself?

Is this GF light, or heavy? No offense.

Makes a huge difference in comfort for all involved..

I have zero issues with my wife nor my nephew doing 3-400 mile days with them on the back..

shes about 130 maybe. idk..never asked. lol. i've rode with 100lb girls and i like that. cant even tell they back there. but i can tell shes back there

Juli and I have done 5 to 600 mile days without issues. It all depends on how much seat time she has had. I also have Corbin seats and she has a back rest to relax on.

I have a back rest for the Busa for these occasions. On the back of the back rest there is a small luggage rack.

My wife, weighs slightly less than 100 lbs :laugh:

Done 4-500 mile days with my wife. She 125lbs. You take a tank bag and she carries the back pack. She will learn quick to pack light. Love having her with.

My wife knows how to ride. The long hauls aren't bad. I;ve done huge rides with her and our stuff. I have a set of Nelson Riggs soft bags. My stuff fits under the seat :laugh:

Wife and I do 400 or 450 easy I have saddlebags an she carries back pack wouldd love to get back rest..... think we could go even farther if she had that

My wife and I ride 2 up all the time. We have been through the dragon many times, mountain trails and all the way to the plains in the mid west. It is easier the more you do it, and does take some getting used to. An intercom system like SENA SMH10 can make all the difference in comfort levels for you and the passenger.

As for carrying things with you. If you don't have soft/hard luggage for the sides or back, she can wear a backpack and you can put on a tank bag. Other than that, you are limited to what you can put in your pockets.

she better be a hot mama or no passenger ride .. and if she is hot then i will sacrifies all the pain!!:laugh:
i will do alot of hard braking and hard acceleration and she better hold on to me tight!!!:laugh::laugh:

Done lots and lot of 1000+ mile rides with 2 up and the girls are usually 130+ (don't like me a skinny chick :laugh:). The bike is prefectly fine with it and I would offer to build a backrest for you but I no longer have access to the equipment required. :banghead:

What I did find is the girl usually was right up against me and still had over half the seat to scoot back, you may want to make sure she is using all of her seat and not trying to get on yours. As far as luggage I just have to say good luck!

68,000 miles before she blew and I would say over half that was with a passenger

Well evidently you guys aren't the "cool uncle" that gives 3 day weekend rides on his 'busa... You guys all suck... :laugh:

she better be a hot mama or no passenger ride .. and if she is hot then i will sacrifies all the pain!!:laugh:
i will do alot of hard braking and hard acceleration and she better hold on to me tight!!!:laugh::laugh:
You know that's the only disadvantage to gear. You can't sense a dayum thing :laugh:

Well evidently you guys aren't the "cool uncle" that gives 3 day weekend rides on his 'busa... You guys all suck... :laugh:
Not sure I understand :laugh: but I think my longest two up was from Barnwell to the Bash, down to Hilton Head and back to Barnwell. Does a 25 year delta meet Uncle Status and what do you become after marriage :laugh:

Not sure I understand :laugh: but I think my longest two up was from Barnwell to the Bash, down to Hilton Head and back to Barnwell. Does a 25 year delta meet Uncle Status and what do you become after marriage :laugh:

Huh.. You can same-sex marry in SC? :poke::poke:

Back