How far are we willing to go?

FYI this has been going on for some time... How do you think abortion got started in the first place? Someone started thinking about the Ethics of it...

You are right.......I guess all I can do is pray with you that enough people will stand their ground and this will NEVER be put into law, :please:

I really think its messed up with all of the advancements mankind has made, and will make in the future you would think they would be able to fix some of this stuff!

I mean really it's only nine months, give the little fella up for adoption maybe doctors can find a cure later, and he will have a good life!

If not at least he had a shot, even if his parents were just biological life donors.

But to say whoops your damaged sorry about your luck kid, is just foul.

As Sherekhan eloquently pointed out. The way we are going there will be no more Stephen Hawkings because he will not have a chance to prove how advanced his mind is compared to his body.

This has been a hotly debated issue for many many years... my opinion : for any child, born or unborn and as a Christian the answer is simple :
Ex 21:22-25 and Luke 1:44

This is my unchangable opinion regardless of circumstances.

I wont argue here just sharing my opinion.

Thank you Capt.

This is created for pro life people to push their agenda, in that a fetus and an infant both lack right to life, thats the position taken by the article that whipped everyone into a frenzy.

Pro Life? Where did you get that from? These were a couple of biologist that wrote the article to have it published.. This was not a group of Evangelicals on a witch hunt for something to do, two doctors had their article published about why life, babies should be aborted after they are born. This was an ethical discussion and justification on why a baby should be terminated due to physical or mental impairments. This article also spoke to the fact that babies are a burden on mothers and the cost is rising. What you are seeing is an outcry of "WHY" to the medical world, why would this topic even be published in a journal? It's on the minds of some people and perfectly acceptable to others, even on this forum we see some that disagree with it but still leave the decision for the mother to make...

I personally can't imagine taking the life of a small baby, how do things like this get approved? Just take a look around you, ask questions like we did here and you will find that there are people close to you that would not take a stand on it. It is amazing to me that even on this forum and in PM's we have people that think this is acceptable for a mother to make this choice. It seems that the only real question in some people's mind is what would be a proper way to kill them.. I think what you are seeing are Pro Lifers that are bringing this to the attention of the masses before it get's a solid foothold, as you can see there are folks in this country that can justify the process..

makes me very sad...

cap

They were bio-ethicists writing for a medical ethics paper.

“Therefore we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all circumstances where abortion would be.”

That was taken from their paper, this is classic in debating, you take something polarizing and relate it to something like killing infants it's pretty clear I think where the stance of the author is. There are a few articles touching base on this too.

They removed that article from the paper along with a non apology apology. If it were an actual argument instead of something meant to be inflammatory it would've remained I think.

there couldn't have been any other intention other than too get a public outcry, now conservatives/religious people all over are in an uproar and a big finger pointing over what slippery slope abortion has supposedly opened up for this to be allowed.

Now the paper says they are taking papers against post birth abortion. wonder why?

As the world's population continues to over tax our resources, both natural and civil, you will begin to see more extreme "solutions" explored. The human population as a whole has become parasitic. Abortion and end of life counseling are only the tip of the iceberg. Get ready! It is only going to get worse as the world's economy continues to degrade.

The people that propose this, if doctors, are violating their hypocratic oath. If they are not doctors, they are just sick. I won't debate the merits of abortion as that was not the OP, just to say my views changed as I got older, and as I held my daughter in my hands when she was born.... Call it a matter of perspective.

The bottom line is, once that child is out in the air, the umbilical is cut and takes his/her first breath, he/she is now a separate human being and has all the rights to life as a full citizen. This isn't abortion, it's murder.

The people that propose this, if doctors, are violating their hypocratic oath. If they are not doctors, they are just sick. I won't debate the merits of abortion as that was not the OP, just to say my views changed as I got older, and as I held my daughter in my hands when she was born.... Call it a matter of perspective.

The bottom line is, once that child is out in the air, the umbilical is cut and takes his/her first breath, he/she is now a separate human being and has all the rights to life as a full citizen. This isn't abortion, it's murder.

I completely agree 100% with this post……well 99.5% I would need to replace the word daughter with son. The more I read this tread and the more I think about my son the more pro-life I get.

In nature these babies wouldn't survive right. So that just leaves a tough moral dilemma for society to figure out. I can't say I would or wouldn't cause I haven't had to choose. Let nature take its course. I guess

As the world's population continues to over tax our resources, both natural and civil, you will begin to see more extreme "solutions" explored. The human population as a whole has become parasitic. Abortion and end of life counseling are only the tip of the iceberg. Get ready! It is only going to get worse as the world's economy continues to degrade.

True sadly true....

I saw somewhere that someone was proposing that the mother watch the ultrasound prior to having an abortion.
When I was young, I had the attitude that whatever you do is your own business, but after watching both of my children being born, I cannot fathom the idea of thinking that either of my precious children were aborted at mine or thier mother's choice.

It's a child, a gift from God. A miracle.

Dont want a child, put on a condom, they are available everywhere.

Back