Pregnancy at Slaughter: What Happens to the Calves?

MelodicMetalGod

Registered
Hey folks. I know most us are meat eaters but I also believe that most of us don't truly understand what's being done to animals for the sake of our pleasure.

Check out this story and seriously consider if the food you eat is produced in a manner that is truly consistent with your own ethics.

http://veglov.blogspot.com/2011/06/p...appens-to.html

For everything we do that causes animals harm and suffering, there is a cruelty free alternative.

high end veal? The same people that preach about treatment of pets deny this.
Posted via Mobile Device

They're not sparing the mother if she's already on the slaughterhouse floor. What? Would you prefer the calves go to waste? I don't think our native american brothers would appreciate that.

Smac why in the wide wide world of sports would you beat a dead horse in an anti cruelty to animals thread? I just dont get some people?

:laugh:

:moon:

Because we don't have a beating a dead cow :laugh: It's ok I don't get me either sometimes...

There's nothing wrong with learning, unless you just don't want to know.

It amazes me that we'll have 50 pages hating Michael Vick for the way he treated pits, to the point that people want him dead, yet we poke fun at the treatment of other innocent animals and don't think twice about it. The hypocrisy truly shocks me...

Last edited:
to each there own but I aint gonna quit eating meat, and veal is great (veal being a yound calf-not a fetus) hope I dont come off the wrong way but I dont see how a calf dying is so much worse than a cow dying.

high end veal? The same people that preach about treatment of pets deny this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep just like caviar. Would eating unborn fish (or chicken eggs for that matter) not fall into the same category?

If you catch a fish during spawning season and dump all of the eggs in the trash can when you gut it isn't this the same thing? Really, I'm not going to purposely be cruel or inhumane to an animal but the last time I checked I am on the top of the food chain and I'm pretty sure that our Declaration of Independence does not grant the animals the same inaliable rights as humans no matter what a politically correct veggie eating democrat may tell you.

i have gotten to the point in my life that nothing surprises me anymore....we post up repeat threads on this topic over and over....you get the same people over and over saying the same thing just for arguements sake......we have a hissy fit over a calf dieing as we make food out of the mom....yet i dont see anyone posting topics on us cutting babies out of human mothers? how is this any different?is it different cause we use a vac on a human insted of bare hands like we do on the calf? is it different because we dope mom up before the murdering is done and not the cow? just curious......it was just a month or so ago we had this same bs topic basically..

i have gotten to the point in my life that nothing surprises me anymore....we post up repeat threads on this topic over and over....you get the same people over and over saying the same thing just for arguements sake......we have a hissy fit over a calf dieing as we make food out of the mom....yet i dont see anyone posting topics on us cutting babies out of human mothers? how is this any different?is it different cause we use a vac on a human insted of bare hands like we do on the calf? is it different because we dope mom up before the murdering is done and not the cow? just curious......it was just a month or so ago we had this same bs topic basically..

I'll address this...we have purposely kept that topic off the board simply because it can get so heated and pics get posted, etc. It was actually discussed by admin years ago and we decided as a whole to just not encourage the topic at all to avoid controversy here.

Via DROID X

I'll address this...we have purposely kept that topic off the board simply because it can get so heated and pics get posted, etc. It was actually discussed by admin years ago and we decided as a whole to just not encourage the topic at all to avoid controversy here.

Via DROID X

Excellent choice!!! this should prob be another topic better left off the board.

Well I am a high school anatomy and physiology teacher. We dissect fetal pigs. My students always ask me where they come from. Our fetal pigs are bought by a scientific supply company who buys them from the slaughterhouses. They are a by-product of the industry.

Now I am not aware of any "fetal cow" dissections ever happening.. but just a tidbit of knowledge for you. :learn:

There's nothing wrong with learning, unless you just don't want to know.

It amazes me that we'll have 50 pages hating Michael Vick for the way he treated pits, to the point that people want him dead, yet we poke fun at the treatment of other innocent animals and don't think twice about it. The hypocrisy truly shocks me...

It's illegal to eat dog. Cows aren't innocent, they are food. It's a top "o" the food chain thing. Quite natural. If we weren't here to feed the dogs they would make a serious mess of those cows.

Back