How did you or do u plan on breaking in your busa?

I went the mototune route this time as well...his article made a lot of sense to me and with 1800 miles so far, she purrrrs like a kitten!
race.gif

You will find that if you break one in the mototune way and if you read the article carefully that is not ragging it out. He does not say to take it out for the first 50 miles and run it wide open! You have to load the rings up to force them out and allow them to seat properly. Do 3 or 4 5th and 6th gear pulls up to 6 or 7000 rpm and then ride a few miles easy then do it again. That is just for the first 20 to 50 miles and the rings are seated! And by all means get that oil out of there!!! You will find that the oil after 20 to 50 miles is loaded up with metal shavings! Just run your fingers through the oil and look at it on your hands, Glistening metal! Mine was full.

I have found with all the bikes that I have owned that stock for stock you end up a little stronger! After Break in do some roll ons with someone that has done the Recommended Break In! I assure you, your bike will walk off from there's!

Just my take on the very Controversial Break-In Procedure!!!

It's all Good!!!
beerchug.gif

I like this process, and I will be following it.

On a Dyno:
Warm the engine up
completely !!

Then, using 4th gear:

Do Three 1/2 Throttle dyno runs from
40% - 60% of your engine's max rpm
Let it Cool Down For About 15 Minutes

Do Three 3/4 Throttle dyno runs from
40% - 80% of your engine's max rpm

Do Three Full Throttle dyno runs from
30% - 100% of your engine's max rpm
Go For It !!

Hi,

Normally I get the new bike and choose a good restaurant far away...
beerchug.gif
( don't exceed 6000 rpm first 500 km)
Then came back and take a coofee far away also... ( until 8000 rpm/800 km)...and one or two full throttle until I get home...

With the ZX14 t was like this...and run just fine. Oil change and Dyno with it...with Arata Full Exhaust, Pipercross air filter, G Pack...
firedevil.gif

Back