Brand New 2013 Busa Power falls off at high RPM/Breaking up?

busa9kruz

Registered
Picked up my 2013 Busa new from the dealer a few days ago. As I roll into the throttle and the RPMs climb over maybe 8g the bike starts breaking up and doesnt continue to increase power/acceleration... Frustrating..

What are your thoughts?

Thank you.Andy

I have about 80 on it now. I have not contacted the dealer yet. I was hoping the motor just isn't broken in yet?

Hopefully will be something minor but you need to take it back to the dealer immediately, do not try to figure out what is going on

Don't tell them you went over 8k rpm! That's considered racing it and may decline to honor any warranty. I was advised not to take it over 5k for at least 600mi and they'd prefer it for about 1000 mi or else it may potentially void my warranty.

Back to the dealer. With the electronics changes, not sure they didn't limit the bike like the BMW :dunno:

What did you put in for grade of Fuel? And what did the dealer use, if the octane is low it will break up

the tank was at about an 8th when i picked it up with whatever gas they poored into it at the dealer. than i filled it all the way with 93 oct.. right about 7500 rpm just tested it again on way to dealer... dropped it off.

I press the arrow and displayed A on the screen. At one point I scrolled all the way through back to A. The bike feels normal On full throttle untill RPMs climb over 7ish... Is this what a different mode does?

I press the arrow and displayed A on the screen. At one point I scrolled all the way through back to A. The bike feels normal On full throttle untill RPMs climb over 7ish... Is this what a different mode does?
Don't think your problem is with the mode selector. Every time you shut the bike off it resets to "A" mode again

Sounds like a fueling issue to me. Could also be loose spark plugs, sensor issue or a number of other things. Dealer should hook you up and get it right.

Let us know.

Back