Hot asphalt?

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
I was telling a buddy of mine how in the past I’ve had motorcycles sink into the hot asphalt down here in Florida.  He works in a machine shop and when I saw him today he handed this to me:
961097647-DSC00002.JPG

61889342-DSC00004.JPG

Sweet!

Beats a crushed Pop-Can...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082425561 -->

Looks great! They sell something similar with the Hayabusa logo in a few places! I always like the cheap ones that are effective!

Not certain but I am also pretty sure that Harleys are the only ones with enough weight to trully sink...

Not certain but I am also pretty sure that Harleys are the only ones with enough weight to trully sink...
While in Wilmington I was parked at my girlfriends apartment and her neighbor knocked on the door to inform me man your bike is sinking into the concrete. So, the sportbikes can end up on their sides if it's hot enough.

I even remember a 600 I had in Greensboro, ho many holes I had put all in the parking lot from my kickstand sinking (at least 25-30 holes).

While in Wilmington I was parked at my girlfriends apartment and her neighbor knocked on the door to inform me man your bike is sinking into the concrete.  So, the sportbikes can end up on their sides if it's hot enough.  

I even remember a 600 I had in Greensboro, ho many holes I had put all in the parking lot from my kickstand sinking (at least 25-30 holes).
It seems like not all asphalt is the same.  My stuff at work seems pretty strong, but the stuff at my condo is super soft and I could take a picture of all the holes I've got around my garage it looks pretty bad
sad.gif

I also had a buddy with a Gixxer 750 that had his sink into the concrete in Fayetteville, NC. This is the same guy who had his bike stolen about 3 months later.

I gotta jump in here and correct the guys saying concrete gets hot and mushy....only asphalt exhibits that trait.
PS: watch out with those fancy footprint pads....too nice and they might just be worth some punk stealing it out from under your bike.

This is what I keep with the bike, made of very hard plastic and measures 3"x5". Great on both asphalt and grass lawn.
Cheers.

BikeStandPlate.JPG

Back