Holding bike up to change "dog bones" "links"...?

thumb_up.gif

I just threw some 2" ratchet straps over a ceiling joist, wrapped it around the grab bar, and tightened the strap till the weight was off the rear swing arm.
beerchug.gif

Perfect thanks a million you don't know the headache you guys saved me. This place is great!  
beerchug.gif
1. Get drunk
2. knock bike over in drive way
3. turn upside down
4. balence on mirrors and rear hump just like you used to do with your ten speed bike when you were a kid and wanted to fvck with the chain.
5. install links with ball peen hammer and pipe wrench
6. knock bike over
7. turn upright
8. have another Jimmy Beam
9. admire handy work.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cheers
ken

One other question. I need to take the triple tree cover off to replace it. I see in a walk through here on this forum that they have allen screws on top. But my 2008 busa does not. Here is a picture. Is this a cover I need to take off the screws?

b.jpg

One other question. I need to take the triple tree cover off to replace it. I see in a walk through here on this forum that they have allen screws on top. But my 2008 busa does not. Here is a picture. Is this a cover I need to take off the screws?
yep, screws underneath little round caps.

cheers
ken

On the links.........If you drop the belly wing and place a floor jack under the shock support bracket, you can raise and lower the bike with it on the side stand. This is the method I have used twice. I dont have a rear stand yet, but it would be easier with the bike standing straight up and down. It will take you about 45 minutes the first time you do it, and about 20 minutes after that.

On the upper clamp, you have to remove the caps from the bolts that hold the upper tree in place. You may damage them, just be very careful when removing them. The rest is pretty straight forward. Good luck and post up some pics when you finish!

Very nice. Thanks for the pics. Bad a$$ looking bike by the way!
beerchug.gif

Those caps on the triple tree don't come of very easily huh? Also is it just a cap on the top or is it the whole thing? In other words is the screw exposed at all when the cap is on?

Hey Javie ... I know you already have your dogbones but have you checked these out?
http://www.soupysperformance.com/catalog/item/4408900/4618738.htm

I raise and lower my bike between track, street, solo, and 2-up riding. I couldn't imagine dealing with the dogbones with so many height changes

Oh, and to answer your above question, many here find it easy. Others (like me) don't. I remember reading they can be purchased cheap somewhere. Not sure where or for how much. I hope someone chimes in on that.

Hey Javie ... I know you already have your dogbones but have you checked these out?
http://www.soupysperformance.com/catalog/item/4408900/4618738.htm

I raise and lower my bike between track, street, solo, and 2-up riding. I couldn't imagine dealing with the dogbones with so many height changes

Oh, and to answer your above question, many here find it easy. Others (like me) don't. I remember reading they can be purchased cheap somewhere. Not sure where or for how much. I hope someone chimes in on that.
You know, where I bought these dog bones from they had the same type of adjustable links. But me being the idiot I am I stuck with the dog bones. Well when I start hit the tracks alot I will go ahead and upgrade. Thanks man.

Yea, thing is with these caps I am not sure if its the whole thing or if the cap is just the very top. I am not sure if I am saying i correctly but. Is the cap just on the top part of the screw or is the cap covering the screw completely? I just don't want to pry on the wrong thing.

Back