Dog Bone Adjustment???

btreaves

Registered
Hey fellas,

I recently purchased a set of lowering dog bones and had my mechanic install them...He installed them on the number "2" setting (like I asked him to) which is dropped, but not slammed.

Now I want to raise it back to the stock height. When my mechanic installed the bones he reversed the lower most bolt so that it now slides out on the chain side, otherwise I'd have to remove the exhaust mid pipe and can to adjust the bones, but I still can't get at the nut on the pipe side to break it loose. What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone give me any tips or advice on adjusting these things. It shouldn't be this hard, maybe I'm missing something, but I've looked at the instructions and I can't see what the problem is. I'm not a dork...At least I don't think I am.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

you can loosten the pipe and move it enough to slide the bolt out i did on mine but i have D&D 4:2 system not sure if you can loosten the stock and move it enough ?
it was tough to get them to break loose takes a 14 and 17mm i believe and i had to use breaker bar or impact to break it loose ... hope this helps
cool.gif

Are you turning counter-clockwise to loosen?

When i lowered mine those bolts were a real bitch to break loose, i think a sumo wrestler cranked'em down or something.:laugh:

you dont need to mess with the pipes...i tried it today....all you need to do is push the bushing our that goes around the bolt(remove the bushinh before the bolt) that will allow the bolt to tilt enough to slide out....

Just lowered my Bus on Sunday with badassbusa and we had to remove the can to get the bolts out to lower it... It was real easy though, 1 bolt and 2 springs...

In order to break it loose...

It was tough, we had to use a long torque wrench to get enough leverage to break it free. (I had stock dog bones on there before.) I had to hold one side of the bolt with a socket wrench while badassbusa cranked it lefty loosy with the torque wrench...

Make sure you have the swingarm supported with a jack when you remove teh bolts...

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091479489 -->

Thanks clound 9...Now I know that I'm not a dork...I'll just have to pull the mid pipe and the can...Or I'll just have my mechanic do it from now on...I'm gonna tell him to make sure he doesn't hit it with the air gun next time...Maybe I'll be able to break it aloose then.

took two of us to break it loose and it wasn't easy... I wouldn't be afraid to do it, but I would have somewhere there to help you with it. Make sure you get the jack under the swingarm before you remove the old bones, otherwise, the bike will fall.

Back