dog bones

empty_pockets

Registered
Can anyone tell me how to measure dog bones to see how much of a drop they will have on a bike. My Brother bought some dog bones off ebay to lower his busa. They have 3 holes, first is for stock, but I am not sure what the measurements are for the other 2. I am worried because he bought some risers off ebay to lower the front, the measure 1in. with a ruler. I just want to be sure that I can lower the bike equally. The holes on the dog bones are 1/2 in from center to center.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ohthedrama.gif

Why try to figure it out? Just do it. I recommend measuring before installation, then again after. While you are doing the job you can try both holes without even tightening the nuts on the dogbone bolts. The whole job is 45 minutes if you are taking your time. Maybe a little longer the first time.

Put the riser on and use the middle hole on the dog bones. You will like the look and ride. That is how my busa was set up and I had no problems. Even with my wife and son on the back and problem. The third hole will set you to low.

Yeah, the third hole is a little low, unless you are setting it up for the strip!

Not sure on yours, but IIRC, the common settings are: stock, 1.5" drop, 3.0" drop. Middle hole is usually about 1.5" drop.

Not sure on the measurements, but you wont be able to install the 3 hole links and have the bike at stock level. You will see what I mean when you install them. The shorter the link, the higher the bike.

Back