dog bones help

gcal

Registered
i went to my local dealer to compair dog bones today
(i heard if you put the sv 650 dog bones on a busa that it will raise the rear and give you better turning radius)

any way
the ones on the sv 650 look the same can any one help me do this mod?
pics if you done it
what exact parts did you change to raise the rear?
things like that

i spoke with howlin-mad, dude on this site, and he said as long as their shorter then stock busa ones they will work
but all the ones i saw were longer then the busa dog bones
WTF
how do i do this mod?
rock.gif
?

You will have to measure them. I am pretty sure they are shorter unless they have changed them. They do look alike but they will be shorter. Measure them! Good luck!
smile.gif

i am going to go take a tape mesure in tommmorow and check

what exact year and make of dog bones did you use howlin???

i looked at 03 sv 650's and gixxers 600-750 03 both

I am sure they weren't '03's. I doesn't have to be to much shorter to give you increased height in the rear. I was up almost 1.5 inches. Very aggressive lean. Depending on your weight you may have to respring your front forks. Also this will decrease your wheel base so she will want to get the front wheel up easier. This can be dangerous exiting corners as the front wheel can get light and may throw you into a tank slapper. I would recommend and aftermarket steering damper. This will maximize this mod and make it safe for the track. Good luck!

i am going to go take a tape mesure in tommmorow and check

what exact year and make of dog bones did you use howlin???

i looked at 03 sv 650's and gixxers 600-750 03 both
for $100 you can get adjustable ones. I'd have to measure them, cant remember how much 'shorter' they go than stock............

links.jpg

I am sure they weren't '03's.  I doesn't have to be to much shorter to give you increased height in the rear.  I was up almost 1.5 inches.  Very aggressive lean.  Depending on your weight you may have to respring your front forks.  Also this will decrease your wheel base so she will want to get the front wheel up easier.  This can be dangerous exiting corners as the front wheel can get light and may throw you into a tank slapper.  I would recommend and aftermarket steering damper.  This will maximize this mod and make it safe for the track.  Good luck!
now your worrying me
if i do this mod im thinking tank slapper
ouch!
im 230lbs (yea i need a diet, i know) and 6'1 should i redo the springs in the front or can i just adjust them to stiffer settings, or what???

"This can be dangerous exiting corners as the front wheel can get light and may throw you into a tank slapper. I would recommend and aftermarket steering damper."

sounds like i can't get away with just $30 dollor set of dog bones

i need a dampener (how much are those $300 and up?)

if thats the case, ill just wait till i get enough money (knowing my broke college azz that will be 3 years from now....) to get both the bones and dampener at the same time
crazy.gif

that sucks.....

so much for this mod

gcal, put the dog bones on my 01 busa with no problems and I have the stock damper on the bike. I went a inch shorter which will raise the bike an inch as well as bring in the wheel base. Another handling trick is to let your fork tops bottom out on the underside of the Hayabusa top plate on your triple clamp, mine was about 5mm before and now it is flush, this in turn will change change your rake and your bike will turn in quicker. Try the dog bones first and if you want more then go to the triple clamp idea. I would not raise the back up more than an inch though. I hope that this helps.:p

Back