Holding bike up to change "dog bones" "links"...?

DSC03939.jpg

Got any questions, just hit me up... It's very easy to do. I used the rear stand to align the bolts during installation...

Yea, thing is with these caps I am not sure if its the whole thing or if the cap is just the very top. I am not sure if I am saying i correctly but. Is the cap just on the top part of the screw or is the cap covering the screw completely? I just don't want to pry on the wrong thing.
I can't answer that because I took mine to a shop to have them replace the tree clamp. I (like you) couldn't quite figure out how to remove the caps.

I swapped out my exhaust, polished my frame and swingarm, did the Brock clutch mod, swapped out the rear bones for the turnbuckles, installed LED lights, installed my shiftlight ... but I couldn't figure out how to remove them darn caps!

GOT IT!! the first one I was trying to do was a little stuck but the rest came out perfect. Its just the very top of it that is the cap not the whole thing...

The subframe is plenty strong enough to support the weight.
I just use a ratchet strap and the carport beam. Wrap the ratchet strap hook around the bar that the hump latch is mounted to and ratchet the rear of the bike up.
Ohhh,
I forgot.
FIRST I support the front end with the Baxley wheel chock.

Perfect thanks a million you don't know the headache you guys saved me. This place is great!
beerchug.gif
1. Get drunk
2. knock bike over in drive way
3. turn upside down
4. balence on mirrors and rear hump just like you used to do with your ten speed bike when you were a kid and wanted to fvck with the chain.
5. install links with ball peen hammer and pipe wrench
6. knock bike over
7. turn upright
8. have another Jimmy Beam
9. admire handy work.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cheers
ken
Oh, dang!

--Wag--

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i have done about 25-30 sets of them on gsxr`s and i always put it up on the rear stand and take a floor jack and get under the coilover knuckle and put a little pressure on it so that the bolts are loose and slide out , then just let it down a little until you can get the bolts back in whichever hole you want. IMPORTANT-get someone to hold the bike when you let it down because it will get light on the rear stand and could fall on you. usually takes me 15 minutes. i agree with suzuki4life never jack on the oil pan !!

Gonna post up some pics of the finished product today. Only problem I ran into was that the kick stand they send me was the wrong one so I have the bike on the stock kick stand and its almost stand straight. Will post pics in a bit thanks again guys for all your help.

Gonna post up some pics of the finished product today. Only problem I ran into was that the kick stand they send me was the wrong one so I have the bike on the stock kick stand and its almost stand straight. Will post pics in a bit thanks again guys for all your help.
Kickstand mod will help out a bit.

Back