Hit by SUV, sourcing parts

jgitt

Registered
It sucks to be posting in this section of the forum but, Friday i was out riding with a friend and my dad and i was at a stop light and an SUV ran into me. Insurance has not been out yet and i have not been out to look at it much since Ive pretty much been laid up due to the back injury i received from the hit. But just from looking at the bike when i got home im going to need a rear subframe and tail. along with exhaust. As long as my swingarm and rear wheel isnt bent ill be able to do most of the work myself. Any vendors on here sell oem parts? The bike was pristine before so im looking to put it back to the way it looked.

Thanks,

Sorry about this.. :down:

Goldenchild or HondaEast can hook you up.

I am sorry to hear this. Hit up Honda East for OEM replacement parts. You have a GenI?

I'm so sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad you're going to be OK...

Stupid SUV driver :(

Yea ima Gen1. i have to take it to a shop to at least get an estimate for the repairs. if its no more than the subframe, tail, and exhaust then ill proably tackle it myself and put the rest of the money towards some other goodies. Thanks everyone.

Probably not a big difference. Same deal Gen II. Entire rear section, trunk, mudflap, battery case. My subframe looked good to me but they replaced. Two bolts attach it to the frame and they're shear bolts, and that's what happened they sheared off protecting the frame.

My rear wheel had a very tiny dent but was replaced. The wheel and tire are still in my garage; tire still inflated :laugh:

Rear wheel bearings replaced, someone told me they should have replaced the axle, but I've probably put 12K + miles on the bike since with no problems.

Fuel pump relay was crushed and the fuel pump fuse of course was blown.

Rear Brake Reservoir was busted and had to be replaced.

Oh, new tire

Dang i hope i dont have that much damage but i didnt even think about wheel bearings and axle. Its a good idea to replace it i guess since it good a good hit, hopefully the wheel is okay i think ill finally roll it out today and take a good look at it. I have to get an estimate on it first so i can start ordering parts.

About $6K damage with a shop doing the work. Oh, my rear peg supports had to be replaced because the Gen II hooks had been broken off.

I have a complete 2005 rear, including tail, subframe, undertail with fender, lights, etc. all puled off of a stock bike. I also have the stock pipes, swingarm, rear pegs, etc.

Not sure if it is the right color for you, it is the grey/blue.

John

2005_tail.jpg

how much for the subframe if you would be willing to sell just that. My tail is red so unfortunately that wont work.

Back